Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Home and optimistic!

First I just want to say thank you for all the sweet and supportive comments everyone left on my previous post. It means a lot to me to have friends and family who care so much. I love you all!!!
*
Well, I'm back from my 4 day trip to California. The surgery was a success and now it's just a healing and time process. Hopefully in 2-3 months, I'll be trying IVF again and getting pregnant this time! I feel very optimistic about things to come.
*
My Grandma's 80th birthday party was so much fun. Every single one of my extended family members was there except for 5. We missed you Dana, Alexa, Chelsea, Ian and Tori! This was probably the first time we have ALL been together in about 10 years. My Grandma is worth it and I'm so glad everyone made time in their busy schedules to go.
*
Here is my sweet Grandma! I only hope that I can look as good as her and be as healthy as her at 80 years old! She still has a good 15 years left in her! I know it! She's healthy as a horse and fiesty as ever. I love her so much! (love her ribbon.....it says, "Aged to perfection")
*
Grandma telling funny stories from the past.

*
Uncle Eddie singing to her. He has a great voice! He sang some funny songs, but he also sang some tear jerkers that brought the tears down!!! It was a very touching party!

*
Uncle Eddie dancing with Grandma!
*
DIRTY Kylee after playing in the dirt and eating roasted marshmellows with all the boys in the backyard. One thing about Grandma's house is that she has an AWESOME big backyard that all the kids love to play in!

*
All the girl cousins, minus Dana. I LOVE them all! What a hot bunch of Mexicans!!! hahaha

*
All the grandkids (from our immediate family) with Great Grandma....minus Jake - he was at the hotel sick with the stomach flu. Poor guy!

*
The cake!

*
Me and my awesome Grandma!

*
Me, Kylee and Grandma.

*
Grandma at her favorite restaurant.....Kobe's Steakhouse. That place was AMAZING! The steak was literally like butter melting in my mouth. It was a perfect choice Grandma!!!!

*
What started my amazing family......Grandma and my Dad! My Dad is the 2nd oldest out of 8 kids.

*
This was a great trip! I only wish David could've been there for my Grandma's party. He had to work that night so he flew up the next day to join me in Los Angeles. We stayed with his amazing cousin Megan who is the best hostess ever! She actually is a great support for me with all my infertility because she has gone through it herself. She now has one 3 year old girl from IVF, a set of 1 year old twins from IVF, and she is pregnant with her 4th by some miracle all on their own! It's amazing how the Lord blesses us in our own due time. I have so many great examples for me to look up to.

2 comments:

hdawgy said...

Looks like you guys had fun! All you girl cousins are so beautiful! I LOVE the pic of you, Kylee and your grandma!! It's adorable! Your uncle Eddie looks just like your dad!!! Hahaha That's awesome!! I hope it all works out this time around!! You are awesome Stefy!!!

Kim and Nathan said...

Glad your surgery went well. Keep me posted on your IVF. Im praying for it to go well. It will all be worth it in the end.