Thursday, July 29, 2010

California 2010 - BEST VACATION EVER!!!

I'm proud (and sad) to say that the Pew's have officially taken their first REAL vacation! All of our vacations so far have been weekend trips (3-4 days MAX) with family and just hanging out. Not to say that is a bad thing because we love spending time with family at their houses and just relaxing. But this year we had something bigger in mind. When my sister's and I took our beach trip in 2009, we decided then and there that our family needed an annual vacation together. So we started planning out a beach house trip from then on. It finally happened and it was AWESOME!
*
With David's schedule, he only had to request 4 days off of work and ended up having 10 days off in total. So we took full advantage of those 10 days and headed to California. We stayed with his parents in El Centro for the first 3 days. No El Centro trip is complete without playing hours and hours of card games until our fingers bleed. We LOVE it!
David and I took in a movie and saw "Knight and Day" while we were there. Cute movie!

*
Then we were off to Newport Beach for 7 days in a beach house right off the sand! It was awesome! Right across from our house on the bay side was a few rides. Here is Kylee, David and Kyrstin riding the ferris wheel.

*Also on the bay side was a ferry boat tour of the bay. Kylee, Kyrstin and Dylan!

*

BEACH TIME! Yes everyone......this is my lovely husband for all time and eternity. Aren't I lucky?!!!!

*
My little beach babe!


*

Dylan, Kyrstin and Kylee catching sand crabs...

*

The first day we were there, Kylee got demolished by a huge wave! Needless to say, our little fragile princess refused to go back in. But David tried and tried to pep talk her into going back in........as you can see in this picture below. It didn't work though! She refused to step foot in the water for the rest of the week!

*
My beach babes!

*
Beautiful Princess Tiana dresses that Kylee and Kyrstin got at Disneyland. They never took these dresses off!

*
Waiting outside the Crab Cooker. Natalie and me!

*
All the girls waiting outside the Crab Cooker. Most of our other family members had left by this time.

*
The WHOLE MONTEZ GANG hanging out at the beach house. We are a crazy bunch! Love them all!!!

*
The Montez and Pew family taking a bike ride. Fun times!

*
Olivia and I before a refreshing and AMAZING run on the beach. I lived for that each morning I was there. So awesome!!!

*
Kylee and her cousins Libby and Maddie. They live in Newport Beach. Lucky girls!

*
Tera and me getting tan! I love my sisters!

*
*
*
DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!
This was the first time Kylee had been to Disneyland. We were so excited to take her and to see her reactions to everything there for the first time. Here is Kylee and Kyrstin eating a churro! Can't go to Disneyland and not eat one of these! Mmmm!

*
Splash Mountain! Kylee was a trooper and rode all the rides!

*
Kyrstin and Kylee on the merry-g0-round!

*
She missed out on the Matterhorn because this is what happened as we were waiting in line!

*
Our "navigating" boys! Yes....we needed a map! Haha!

*
The PRINCESSES!!!!! Not gonna lie.....Kylee was terrified of all the characters walking around the park, including the princesses! I thought she'd LOVE them and want to stare at them and talk to them all day long. But she was terrified! This picture took some convincing!

*
Kyrstin and Kylee on "It's a Small World After All". This was the first ride of the day!

*
Taking a rest on Daddy's head! Sweet girl!

*
Typical Disneyland family picture at the front of the park. I think David is a LITTLE excited to be there! Hahaha!

*
After the first picture with Princess Tiana, the only way Kylee would take pictures with the rest of the princesses is if I went with her. But I'm glad she made me because I got to take a picture with my favorite Disney Princess (Jasmine)!

*
One happy family at Disneyland!

*
I'm so glad we had the opportunity to go on this vacation. It was amazing and just what our little family needed! We will hopefully be doing this every summer now with my family. Next year will be Sea World! We can't wait! Gotta start saving now! :)

3 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Look like you guys had such an awesome time!! I miss Cali we use to go with Brendan family every year for a week but it been a few years now. Glad you guys had fun though and you look great!

kimberly said...

that is surprising that kylee was afraid of the princesses. i thought for sure she would love them all. looks like you had a great vacation. kylee is so adorable and i cant believe how big she is.

Donna Parsley said...

From the looks of it, you guys were really happy. Some of the things I miss about going to the beach are sun bathing and playing different kinds of sports like beach volleyball. And you'll do this every year? That'll be awesome.