Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011

Have I ever mentioned that Easter candy is my favorite candy of all the holidays? Well...it is! A tradition that Kylee and I have come to be "famous" for is dying eggs for the egg cracking game we play every year. It's been a Montez family tradition for as long as I can remember, and 4 years ago, I brought it to David's side of the family. So we had A LOT of eggs to boil and dye this year since we have added a few more people to each side of the family.


*


Friday was our Montez Easter celebration at Grandma and Papa Montez's. Kylee is my best helper...she loves dying the eggs! Pretty soon, she'll be doing this job all by herself and Momma can take a break!




*
Let the games begin...



Can always count on Dad to make a classic "doh" face whenever his egg loses the battle!









Caleb won this year! He's trying to make his toughest "egg winning" face right here! Haha!



*
*


Today (Sunday) was the Higginson/Oram/Pew Easter celebration. There are too many of us and I couldn't get us all in the picture. But it sure is a fun gang!



Sweet baby girl Quincy Lola! The only baby left in the family. Sure hope we can add a little Pew baby soon!!






















*


As always...we have the BEST time celebrating the holidays with our family. We are so blessed to have the best families on both sides. Church was great today and I'm so thankful for this holiday season that we have it to remember Christ our Savior and that he died for us and was resurrected so that we too can live forever with our families and be happy! I know he is my Savior and that he loves me. I am so blessed....we are truly so blessed because of this day. I love my family SOOO much. LIFE IS GOOD!

2 comments:

Ironygirl said...

So I need the post on how to play this egg cracking game. I don't care much for hard boiled eggs. This way my kids can dye them and I wouldn't feel so bad!

Anonymous said...

We are so glad you guys like dying them!!! We love playing the game, thanks guys : )