Saturday, June 11, 2011

Westside....all settled in!

We are all moved in and getting comfortable with our new "home". Living here definitely has it's perks....for example: MICKEY MOUSE PANCAKES!!!


Kylee loves Papa's pancakes!


*


We were rummaging through some old pictures the other day and we found some pictures of my Mom as a Senior in High School. She was absolutely beautiful! (and still is of course)!



*


One of the first things we did was start looking for a gym. I am used to working out at boot camps out in Queen Creek so as soon as I knew I wasn't going to have that "luxury" anymore, I did my research and found the most amazing gym who offers a 2 for 1 law enforcement discount! So David and I signed up and are only paying for one membership. It's great! (although I should add that I am the only one who has taken advantage of the gym, so we are basically paying for me only anyway) - hahaha! Ok, ok.....I'm sure David would like for me to add that he hurt his back the other day playing basketball and has been down and out. I'm SURE he'll be in the gym soon! :)



One of the main things that attracted me to this gym was the child care program. Kylee loves the gym more than me! She begs me to go every morning. It's great motivation and keeps me going even when I don't feel like it. (although I am becoming quite the gym rat lately). The other day Kylee tried the rock wall. She was a little hesitant at first and only got about 1/4 way up, but she said she will keep trying and hopefully make it to the top one of these days. Along with the rock wall, Kylee was doing mini-aerobics and dance with one of the day care babysitters. I got to watch her as I ran on the treadmill. Each machine has it's own tv and we can watch the day care cameras or tv while we work out. It is pretty much AMAZING!


*


So I have to write some things for journaling purposes. We have been out here for 2 weeks now and the first week was quite an adjustment. So much so that I started to get home sick. I was missing Queen Creek, missing the Higginson's, missing all our family and friends out East, missing our ward. I was second guessing our decision to move out here. As the week went on, it got a little better and I started getting used to everything, but when I sat in church at another new ward....I started getting "bitter" and just wanted to go back to our home ward where we knew everyone and where everything was familiar. I missed my primary kids and those I served with! I had a very negative attitude as we were sitting there waiting for church to start. ****It was fast and testimony meeting and everything changed when a sweet little old Greek lady got up to bare her testimony. It was the most moving and powerful testimony I have ever heard! And I'm not just saying that. Something about her touched me so deeply and I was immediately changed. I couldn't stop crying throughout the rest of the meeting. Then relief society came and the person giving the lesson has 3 adopted children. She included her adoption story in her lesson and how hard it was to come to that point. I couldn't believe this was the lesson...on this day....our first week there. My Mom introduced us after church was over and we immediately connected and she had so many wonderful suggestions and advice for me. We met a couple days later and as a result, we now have a new case worker who (from what I can tell already) is absolutely amazing!!! I have a new found ambition to keep going after I was ready to give up. And best of all, this lady has a little 5 year old girl (who is adopted) and Kylee loves her! Kylee got to watch her adoption video and to see what adoption is all about. I'm so thankful for our new found friendship with this family. It is such a blessing!


*


When we first made the decision to move out here, it was mainly just to help us pay off the fertility debt we had accrued over the past 4 years (and I was excited to be closer to my family). But I never expected to receive and get so many answers to prayers that I didn't even know I was searching for. I'm not sure if moving out here is going to be permanent for our family, but for now, I KNOW that we are supposed to be out here! I'm so thankful for the gospel and that no matter where we go, it's always there! I'm so thankful for family who loves and supports us in our time of need. Living with the Higginson's was amazing and I miss them dearly. We bonded with them over the past 2 months that we got to live with them. I'm so thankful for that time we had with them and I'm thankful that our relationship with them is forever changed because of it. Family is amazing and I don't know what I'd do without ALL of our family!


*


LIFE IS GOOD!

2 comments:

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

Family is amazing and important and I am sorry you had such a bumpy road getting into your new world, remember that You are a BEAUTIFUL daughter of Heavenly Father and he is watching and knows you and loves you. He will reward you for taking care of your family and for learning through the trials of life. I am glad you were able to experiance a Sunday that helped you to know that you were being watched over.
We love you and hope that many more good things come from 2011 and the future. Keep your head up!

heidi said...

I'm so glad that through the rough spots there are glimmers of light! Tender mercies are plentiful!!! I"m so sad to hear you aren't in QC but I'm so happy that things are working for you guys.
love you!