Sunday, April 8, 2012

And time goes on...

Here is my once a month update, which means there is a lot to cover and a lot of pictures to post!! I LOVE it!!!
*
Starting with Spring Break! Well, "pre-spring break" is more like it. All of Kylee's cousins in Queen Creek started their spring break a week before she did so Kylee got a few extra days off! They all went to California to visit Grandma Deede and Grandpa Jiggs. Kylee LOVED it! However, it still warms my heart to know that she loves us so much because every night we either Skyped with her or talked with her on the phone because she missed us so much. She will always be my sweet tender-hearted baby girl and I love it!
*
Here is the whole gang that went. They went on a hike, played at the park, went to the movies, ate lots of yummy food, swam in the cold pool, and made lots of great memories together! Grandma Deede was VERY anxious for the 5 day visit to end! Ha!

*
Kylee's ACTUAL spring break......We had a very special visitor come during this week. Carter's amazing birth Mom Erynne! She stayed in Natalie and Deron's guest room so we had a few sleep-over's at their house during her visit. We had so much fun playing games, going to the zoo, eating lots of yummy food and candy, and just hanging out getting to know each other better. It was a great week and we are so glad she came!




*
Kylee Alexa.......She is 6 1/2 years old and more beautiful than ever. I took this picture below to show how long her hair is getting. I've only cut it twice since she has been born, and each time I only allowed about 3 inches MAX to be cut off. I love her hair!!!

*

This dancing, tumbling, and ballerina girl started soccer this year! We have been anxious to get her started in sports and felt soccer was the best option to help with her coordination. She loves it and is getting bettter and more aggressive with each practice and game she has. Her coach gave her the "most improved" award after her first game. So proud of our sweet, athletic, beautiful, and very talented girl!!



*
Carter Aaron.....Oh how he is discovering new things every day and becoming such a big boy!! On March 2nd, we started him on solid foods! We tried feeding him green beans the first two days but quickly realized he did NOT like them!! So on the 3rd day, we swtiched to carrots and he loved them! So we have been keeping him on carrots for this week and will try something new next week. We have tried starting him on oatmeal and applesauce in the mornings also but he doesn't seem to be much of a fan of that either. We will keep trying though!!!

*
On March 28th this smart boy figured out how to roll over! Once he rolled once, he never looked back. And 0n April 7th (yesterday), our sweet little man turned 5 months old. Time keeps on passing by even though we are begging for it to SLOW DOWN!!! He is such a sweet little boy and is such a dream baby. He is perfect in every way and we count our blessings every morning we get to wake up to his perfect smiley face!
*
We also got to meet with our adoption lawyer on April 4th...which meant that all the California documents have been finalized and it's time for us to sign the AZ petition and get the ball rolling over here! We are so excited to be making this next step!! With this done now, the adoption should be final within 90-100 days. We are anxious for that day and can't wait to be sealed to our handsome angel!

*
EASTER!!!!!! Easter is quickly growing into one of my favorite holidays. Probably a close second with Thanksgiving. First of all, the candy at Easter is the BEST candy of any holiday. I can't get enough of chocolate eggs, chocolate covered marshmellow bunnies/eggs, and reeces eggs. Pretty much any candy shaped into little eggs always tastes better! Ha! And I love the traditions my family has at Easter....especially our egg cracking game. It's always my job to dye the eggs, which has become Kylee's new favorite Easter tradition to do with me. This year we had Kyrstin and Dylan's help too.
David was napping when everyone showed up so he got a nice "dog-pile surprise"!
A new Montez tradition.....arm wrestling! We have 10 boys and only 3 girls so any kind of wrestling is pretty popular when we all get together. But this year Kylee jumped right in and arm wrestled Keaton, who is 5 months older than her. Kylee took him down like a champ! Ha!
Baby boy's first Easter Egg hunt!
Let the cracking begin!!!!


Brigham was the winner this year!
*
The Easter Bunny came!!!!



*
After church today (Easter), Kylee and I did a few crafts together! Love making memories with my sweet girl!
*
Pretty princess ready for church!
*
I really wanted a family picture for Easter in our church outfits but my parents had already left and it was just us. So I figured out how to set the self timer on my camera phone....and, um....this is the best we got! Ha! I'll take it!

*
So much happens between my posts and I absolutely love it! Growth, memories, and lots of laughs! I love my sweet little family so much!

No comments: