Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Parties

Last week started the Christmas parties for us! Every year I have a club volleyball Christmas party that is always so much fun! David had to work that night so Jaime was my date for the evening. Here we are taking my first picture with my new camera! Good times!
*
Annual Christmas shot with Deb and Charlotte! Two of my most favorite people ever!

*
*
The next day we had our ward Christmas party. I had Jacey that night so it was fun to take her too. She went with us to our Halloween party and spent Thanksgiving Day with us too so we were lucky enough to be able to spend all our holidays with her! She's become part of our family!
*
Kylee and Jacey all excited to leave for the party...

*
"once there was a snowman, snowman, snowman - once there was a snowman tall, tall, TALL"

*
"in the snow he melted, melted, melted - in the snow he melted small, small, small"

*
The children got to frost their own cookie and eat it! Londyn and Kylee both took advantage of this fun activity, only Kylee didn't want to eat it! Crazy girl!

*
At the end of the party we all got to make our own stockings (yes I sewed it and all) and stuff it with goodies and needs for the children at the hospital.

*
It was a fun "holiday-filled" weekend! Today Kylee got to pick out a boy toy and a girl toy at Target for the less fortunate children up North. It's actually an eagle scout project for our stake patriarch's grandson. She was so excited to buy toys for other kids! She, of course, picked out a barbie for the girl and then she chose mini cars for the boy. I'm so glad that Kylee gets to participate and understand what giving to others means. I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to teach over 50 children each Sunday about Jesus and his birth. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to bare my testimony of him every Sunday to these sweet children in my ward. I just love this holiday season for so many different reasons!!!

3 comments:

hdawgy said...

Christmas parties are so much fun! Especially our MP parties!! haha THis time of year is the best!! That stocking you made is adorable and that's awesome that Kylee got to pick out some toys for other less fortunate kids!!

*Katie May* said...

What a fun service project. Looks like you guys have been having fun :)

Heather Brown said...

I FINALLY got caught up on your blog!! I am glad I only had 4 posts to catch up on! haha. When we celebrated my grandma's 80th we also celebrated Madisons 1st. They had a combined party and it was so much fun!

I am so grateful that you are so strong. It gives me hope. Everything happens for a reason and as much as I hate hearing about hard times people are having, it gives me strength when I am going through hard times as well. We all have trials I guess its just how we deal with them that counts!

Thanks for always being a strength to me! I Love your friendship! It means a lot to me!