Saturday, December 19, 2009

Death Trap

Our bug man comes once every two months and when he does, he so generously places two sticky pads right by our front door to stop any critters from sneaking in under our screen door. We have caught quite a few interesting creatures on these things which include the usual bugs such as crickets, spiders, pincher bugs, ants, etc........we've even caught a poor little baby lizard! But this morning we found this....
The poor birdy had it's leg stuck to the pad. These pads are POWERFUL! It was trying so hard to flap it's wings and get away. I was sure it was going to get away because of how hard it was flapping, but this miracle sticky pad wouldn't give in. So I had David grab his gloves and free the bird!

Awwww.......my hero!

6 comments:

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

Working for a best control company previously I was actually thankful for those sticky pads and their strength ... Tech's like to show off the BIG bugs they find. I am glad to hear your hero saved the day for the little flapper

Gates & Tausha said...

SERIOUSLY stef?! you've been posting all this time!? on my blog it says last updated 4 months ago...i was coming to tell you to UPDATE!!! must be the private setting transition...i gotta catch up!!!! :)

nevedobson said...

those things are awesome for the unwanted guests but so sad for the regular critters. i had to get a lizard off one once. i screamed the whole time because of how much it was wiggling, but i eventually got him free!!! success. haha.

hdawgy said...

hahaha That's hilarious!! Poor little bird but I'm glad it got away!! That's a good idea though to put those sticky pads right there!! Genious!!!

*Katie May* said...

I need one of those! Probably get my cat though! Why is David so far away from the bird? He wasn't scared was he??;) Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Vegetable oil works, freed a lizard once... I have to do it myself now, the one time I asked Aaron to free a little mouse he whacked it on the head and threw it in the trash!!!