Monday, October 18, 2010

Miss Stephanie Rhees.....my hero!

My dear friend Stephanie was diagnosed with lymphoma cancer last month.....she is 28 years old. It was a shock to everyone who knew her. She is one of the most healthiest people I know! It always seems to happen to these types of people right?! Maybe I should just eat junk food and not take care of my body. I just don't get it!!!!
*
Stephanie just finished her 2nd round of chemo and her hair was falling out at a rapid pace! So she decided it was time to shave it all off. But we couldn't let her shave it off without a PARTY!!! Last night we had a fun "head shaving" party at her house. Good food, good friends, and good hair ALL OVER THE FLOOR! Haha! Here is Stephanie before all the head shaving.......

*
A friend from the ward, Brent, who is a 2 time cancer survivor. I love this shirt!!!

*
A freshly shaved Stephanie with David....who is about to shave his head!

*
I got to shave David's head! This was the first time I've used clippers.......I think he was a little bit nervous! Haha
*
If he didn't have to go to work later that night, I would've left this awesome man patch on!

*
All done! He has a good shaped head! Nice to know for future references in case he does go bald!

*
Jeff, Steph's husband, giving his beautiful wife a hug!

*
Priceless!

*
Tom's turn! He looks so natural with a shaved head!

*
Brigham and Dennen......studs with shaved heads!

*
Jose's turn! Traci said that it looks like he belongs in the projects with a weapon strapped to his belt! Hahaha! Gangsta!

*
Brent and Brigham (Father and Son).....so sweet!

*
Travis' turn! Hilarious! He didn't want to lose his "precious" hairs! Haha

*
Words can't express how much I love and look up to this girl. She is so strong and amazes me with her determination and strength. She didn't shed a tear while getting her head shaved. I, on the other hand, can't say the same thing. I love this girl and I have no doubt that this cancer is going to be kicked to the curb REAL soon!

1 comment:

*Katie May* said...

She still looks as beautiful as ever! That's awesome you guys had a fun party like that to help her ease through things