Sunday, November 21, 2010

The end...and the beginning

My 6th season as a high school coach has officially ended. We had our banquet on Tuesday and I was sad to say my final goodbye's to these girls until next year.


But when one thing ends....another begins!!! Or in this case...a couple "new" things are beginning. Club season officially started. Tryouts are over with and all 5 teams are complete and ready to go. I'm coaching the 15's team and can't wait to start working with my team! Should be a great season.
*
Another "new beginning" is the most wonderful news EVER!! Natalie and Deron are pregnant!!! They got married 2 months ago and are so excited to start their new family together and to add to the one they already have. I'm so incredibly happy for them both. In less than 8 months, I'll have a sweet new baby to love and hold and kiss whenever I want!!! Can't wait!

*
As for our adoption journey.....it's still going. We've had a few contacts from birth mothers since we've been certified but nothing promising and no commitments. It's hard just waiting to hear from someone and not being able to go out and find someone. This is a tough process, but we know that this is what we are supposed to be doing and that our baby is somewhere out there waiting for us to find them. We feel so blessed and have so much to be thankful for. Life is good!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Stef I think about you two so often and pray for you to find that little baby!! I can only begin to imagine how it would feel to want a baby so badly and not be able to have one right now!!! It is so funny to watch people with their trials because you talk so highly of me and how awesome I am :) but really I wouldn't take your trial on over mine ever... you are the amazing one for staying so strong through yours! I have admired you for many years and just felt I should let you know how amazing you are and how strong you are for going through such a hard thing for a women to go through and doing it with a smile on your face! There is most definitely a little baby out there for you to love and they will be the most lucky one on this whole earth!!
P.S. I only met your sis for a brief moment the other day and she is so amazing!! I want to be her sister too :) I am so so so excited for her to be a mama and don't even know her!! You guys are awesome!