Tuesday, July 19, 2011

BLESSINGS!

Time and patience is something that I have grown to learn and accept over the past 8 years. For example:


*3 years = the time it took for David to finally agree that it was time to start our family (Kylee)


*27 1/2 hours = the length of my labor with Kylee (without a functional epidural)


*3 1/2 years = the amount of time we spent doing fertility treatments and other surgeries to try and get pregnant again


*3 months = the time it took to get certified to adopt (thanks to a lazy case worker)


*3 weeks = the amount of time it took to hear from our first birth mother


*5 months = the dry spell we had where we didn't hear from a single birth mother


*2 weeks = the amount of time it took for the perfect birth mother to decide we were the family for her precious baby


*Eternity = the endless amount of time I get to love and cherish my sweet miracle baby that is soon to join our family!



The events that have taken place over the past month have been absolutely amazing! I've never before seen the Lord's hand so evident in my life. We decided to move to the West Valley with my parents to pay off our astounding fertility bills, but little did we know that the Lord was directing us here to put us in the hands of those that were going to help us expand our family. The first Sunday here I met the first person that was going to help us in this journey. She taught the Relief Society lesson and told of her own adoption story with her 3 children. It was just what I needed to hear after being discouraged with our adoption situation. She then referred me to an amazing case worker out here on the West Valley. This case worker was the next person to help us in this journey. She has given us new hope and ambition to move forward with adoption (after wanting to give up). The 3rd person to help us was someone that has been in my life since I was a baby! I grew up with her. She is one of my most dearest and BEST friends. Miss Christina Contreras was in the right place at the right time and had certain friends in her life that helped her become an instrument in helping us expand our family. Due to a friend contact who knew a birth mother wanting to place her baby, we were able to find the answers to all our prayers! We are now preparing to become a family of 4 and our lives are forever changing!


Words can't express just how much I love and appreciate this birth mother. Not only is she entrusting her precious baby to us, but she has also been the perfect example of faith, endurance, love, and courage. We have learned so much from her in the short amount of time that we have been in contact with her. The Lord has guided us into each other's lives for a very special and unique purpose. It's amazing to me to see how great His love is for each and every one of His children. I know He loves me and knows the desires of my heart. I am so thankful to have this knowledge. I am in shock at how fast this is all happening after years and years of heartache....but I know that it is happening this way because it is meant to be and it is all in the Lord's hands. I can't wait to hold our new baby in our arms....to love him, kiss him, watch him grow, see his talents and abilities form and prosper, and the list goes on and on. I just can't wait to be his Mommy!!!


The happiness we feel as a family cannot be measured. The smile on my face hasn't left since July 1st when I read the first email from this amazing birth mother. Life is SO good and I feel extreme peace knowing that my Father in Heaven is the one in control. I just pray that I can continue to live my life the way He wants me to so that I can receive those blessings He is waiting to pour out upon me and my family. His plan is greater than any plan I could ever want for myself. I'm so thankful to be on this journey! Our Pewfect family is closer to becoming complete! Life is just Pewfect!!!!!!

10 comments:

Emily Buck said...

Oh stef!!!! I cannot tell you how EXCITED and HAPPY I am for your family! No words. I love you and so so so so so happy!!!!!

Emily Buck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Cluffs said...

I am so happy for you!! This post is so sweet and brought tears to my eyes. I can't express how excited I am for you and your sweet family. I have enjoyed following your blog and you have always been so positive and uplifting. Congrats, no one deserves it more.

*Katie May* said...

So very excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet him on your blog! I wish you guys the best!

heidi said...

oh that is so wonderful!!! Sweet Tender mercies... I'm so excited for you guys! um... i think you need to have a baby shower! :) well, at least send me your address so i can send you a baby gift!!!! ryanmanor@hotmail.com

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

We could not be more excited for you! I am so glad that you have had such a great experiance and I know that you are going to just continue to grow in love and wonder with this little blessing.

ensman said...

Really no one deserves it more! I have chills:) So happy for you guys!!

EricaT said...

Yayayayayayay!!! I am so excited for you!! A baby boy???!!!!

Gates & Tausha said...

i haven't had time to blog stalk in a while, but im so happy to read your posts...i feel such a spirit about your story. :) we love you guys stef!! soooo happy for you and your wonderful family! :)

nevedobson said...

oh stef, this is WONDERFUL news!!! i'm so excited for you and your family! and amazed at your faith and endurance through this trial. Heavenly Father is very aware of you and your family, and you are exactly right... His plan is greater than any plan we could ever want.

YAY! YAY! YAAAAY!

can't wait to meet the little dude!