Thursday, September 4, 2008

Anger Management Here I Come...

Soooo...................I absolutely HATE crickets! They are ugly, yes, but I can't stand their annoying humming chirp! When I was a little girl, I used to wake my Dad up to go find the crickets outside my window because they would keep me up at night. The "average" person can't hear crickets the way I can. They just pierce the very "soul" of my ears!!! That's the only way I can describe my utter HATRED for those nasty insects. So onto my "anger management" spell. I got home tonight around 7:45pm (after a sweep win at Higley - go Knights!) and the first thing I hear is a loud cricket coming from inside the wall in our kitchen. It's so loud that it seems like it should be sitting on our island counter top singing away. But it's hidden somewhere in the wall and it's absoutely driving me crazy! So I kicked the wall off and on throughout the evening and it would stop every now and then. Well, it kept on going for about 30 mintues straight and it made me SOOOO mad. So i went into the kitchen and back kicked the wall with my heel and, um.........needless to say, this is what happened - - - -


Um, yeah..........I kicked a monster hole in our wall. And to make matters worse, the cricket started chirping all loud right after I did it - - as if to laugh in my face and rub it in!!!! Ahhhhh.......I HATE crickets!!!!

And here's the quick fix! Gotta love blue tape!

14 comments:

Nick and Tanya said...

WOW! That was fast! Nick still says it is all his fault. I think it is funny...especially the blue tape! (Whose idea was that?) Atleast it is easy to fix for real.
-Tanya-

Anonymous said...

I hate crickets too, they are crazy down here. Although I kind of like the chirp, it puts me to sleep. Well maybe your lovely hole in the wall can get him out before that blasted cricket eats all your insulation...I didn't know they ate that stuff until just recently (not like I'm a bug fanatic). Good luck with that!

*Katie May* said...

No fun! I have never liked there chirp either but the ones at our house don't seem to chirp

hdawgy said...

haha Stefany that is so funny! I can't believe you kicked a whole in your wall! Just move to Idaho! We never have crickets!

Jami said...

Stef, you should have woken up your cricket whisperer, Kylee. She would've told it to come out so you could kill it and it would've stopped it's yapping! HA HA.

And I full on expected to see duct tape on the wall for the quick fix, but the blue definitely adds a different feel.... You know, less of a "we're missing half our teeth and wear wife beaters" look. But sometimes it's a must so don't throw it away. You just need to learn your own strength, Stef. Maybe you could break blocks and boards infront of the wall (karate moves) and talk crap to the cricket like, "this could be you if you don't shut it!"... No??? Yah, I think I have to go.

Katie Huff said...

K, totally cracked up at this post! I hate crickets too and they've been going crazy in the house lately. I haven't managed to kick a hole in the wall yet, but lately I haven't been able to avoid the sound of 'em, so I have a feeling that I'm getting pretty close to that. :-)

Gates & Tausha said...

DANG honey...letting the anger SOAR! right through the WALL!! that's hilarious...soooo funny...SHOW THAT CRICKET whats UP!! :) you're hilarious with your super-sonic cricket hearing...it's your special power. :) you crack me up. :)

Gates & Tausha said...

ps...seriously, i think you should post about how you did that side list thing showing when people updated...TOTALLY need that. :) please!? :)

Jaime said...

remind me never to make you angry...or chirp consistantly behind a wall in your house.

Stephanie said...

You crack me up!! Don't take all the blame though, these are really cheaply made houses:)

Heather Brown said...

Was the hole worth it Stef?? hahahha Just playin I am seriously laughing so hard right now....

kimberly said...

i know how you are when you are annoyed so that was such a funny story. i bet that cricket was rubbing it in your face.

Justina Selim said...

That is so funny! I hate insects! We have had a fly for a while in here that is impossible to get rid of!

Laura said...

hey! Stephanie I am so glad you said Hi to me on my blog. It's been fun to see what your family is doing. Kylee is so cute! I hope to keep in touch.