Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Evidence of change...

Well, I always promised myself that if we got a dog, I wouldn't let our house "seem" like we had one. I was foolish to think that I could do that! BUT, the main thing is that Charlie doesn't stink, he doesn't shed, and our house doesn't SMELL like we have a dog. That is VERY important to me! However, our house has definitely changed and "molded" itself into a doggy environment. Here is the evidence....
*
He has his own little "den"...
There are pee stains on the back patio because he hasn't quite grasped the concept of the grass just yet...

There are holes in our backyard...

There are also holes in our house!!! He is obsessed with trying to go underneath and behind our couches so we had to block them off with pillows. Here is evidence that he is still trying to gnaw his way back there...

There are dog toys all over the house! Yes....he has made a volleyball into a toy! He is definitely MY dog! Haha!

He chews on EVERY and ANYTHING!!!!
*
*
After all of this, you'd think that I might be upset and second guessing my decision to get a dog! But everytime I cuddle him, everytime he looks at me with his innocent eyes, everytime I see Kylee carrying him around like a baby and talking to him and taking care of him like her baby, and everytime I see this face....

I'm reassured that we made the right decision and that Charlie was meant to be a part of our family! WE LOVE OUR CHARLIE BOY!!!

1 comment:

nevedobson said...

i'm the same as you when it comes to dogs. i like them, but i don't want to smell them or have their hair anywhere in sight. teppei is an outside dog... he is quite the little landscaper too. apparently our grass was in need of some large holes!