Friday, November 25, 2011

Carter Aaron Pew

A month ago to the day I posted my "pre-Carter" post....now he is here with us and somedays I still can't believe it. I have a more "intimate" blog that I journal in so I don't want to go into details of placement, his birth, etc....but I will post lots of pictures and summarize events that occur in our lives from here on out.
*
Carter Aaron Pew was born on 11/7/11. It was the most amazing Monday of my life! He came out weighing a healthy 9 pounds and was 21 inches long. He came out perfectly perfect and the most beautiful baby boy ever! We couldn't believe this perfect little angel was our son!
*
Here is the first picture I took of him in the hospital. He was just 8 hours old and perfectly fresh and gorgeous. He felt perfect and warm in my arms and he instantly filled that void that had been missing for the past 5 years. We were instantly in love!!

*
After he was born, we stayed in El Centro with David's parents until we were able to take him home with us to Arizona. Here is a picture of him on Grandma Deede's lap...looking all perfect and beautiful as ever!
*
Napping on Daddy's lap while we play card games. He just melts into our chest and in our arms! Oh I love him so much!!
*
A week after Carter was born, we were given the ok to leave the state and take him home to AZ! Getting that phone call was like waking up on Christmas morning. I was so excited!!! We were finally going to start our adventure as a family of four!!
*
We have now been home for a week and a half and every second has been pure bliss. He is such a good baby! He eats very well, sleeps really well (hasn't given us too many rough nights so far), and he is so alert and happy when he is awake. He is almost smiling!! Oh he is just perfect!
*
These pictures pretty much sum up what I have been yearning to have for my family for the past 5 years. Kylee absolutely ADORES and loves her baby brother. She loves reading to him, holding up his musical and flashing toys for him when he is sad, feeding him, helping me with anything I need for him, and much much more. She is in heaven with her new brother!
*
While in California, Natalie came down and took newborn photos of Carter. They came out absolutely amazing!!! He did such a good job and cooperated so well. These are just two of many shots. I'll be sure to post the rest later!


Words can't express what Carter has been for our family and for me personally. He lights up our everyday lives and reminds us everyday of how much our Father in Heaven loves us and is aware of us. We are beyond blessed to have him as a part of our family and can't wait for the day when we can be sealed to him for all time and eternity. We love him so much and we absolutely love our sweet birth mother! This has been the most spiritual experience ever for our family. It has strengthened us in multiple ways and brought us closer than I could ever have imagined. Carter completes our family!! He is our pride and joy and we can't get enough of him!

No comments: