Monday, August 3, 2009

Peace of mind comes at a cost...


Um....so to explain this picture (which gives me the absolute willies), let me start from the beginning. I clean my ears out after every shower.....so pretty much once or twice a day. Well, I started hearing and feeling a vibrating popping sound in my ear on Saturday. If you have ever had a twitch somewhere on your body (one of those fast annoying twitches), well....that's what it felt like only it was in my right ear. It was annoying as ever but I just figured it was a twitch. Well, then I mentioned it to my friend Tanya and also to my sister and they got me all FREAKED OUT by saying that it might be a bug that crawled in my ear and that it was probably laying eggs!!! WHAT THE??!!! I was seriously panicking at this point. So I tried putting ear drops in this morning (Monday - 2 days later) and the popping only got faster. So I started thinking...."oh great, I've aggrivated whatever is in there and now it's getting mad". I immediately called my doctor and he got me in an hour later.
Well, what do you know........it was a muscle spasm!!! FIGURES! I felt retarded telling my doctor that I seriously thought a bug was in my ear. Hahaha! But he said that he has looked inside patient's ears before and has seen legs and two eyes staring back at him. OH MY GOSH!!! Seriously!!! That freaks me out just hearing him say that.
But like my title says....."peace of mind comes at a cost". I spent $30 dollars to have a doctor look in my ear and say..."no spiders or bugs in here"! Phew! I'll spend it again and again if it will give me the peace and comfort of knowing that 8 legs and 2 eyes aren't using my ear drum as a home.
Sorry if I have royally grossed anyone out by reading this! Hahahaha!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sick, so glad it is just a spasm!!!

*Katie May* said...

I have never heard of a muscle spasm in your ear, glad it wasn't a bug!

Kim Skinner said...

yeah, my dad woke up one night with some movement in his ear and when my mom cleaned out his ear with a water pick, an earwig came out! yuck!

Cath said...

That would be horrible! I am glad it wasn't a bug.

nevedobson said...

o my heck!! i would have done the SAME thing.

i've heard those horror stories of bugs crawling in places they most definitely should not.

glad there were no 'visitors' in your ear. haha.

Jami said...

Um, I'm getting the WILLIES just reading your post, Stef!!! Can you imagine??? Seriously. And your picture was perfect. A little TOO perfect. Kind of makes me want to sleep with ear plugs in. hahahaha.