Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Random life happenings...

The Pew household gets excited over the little things! We love spending time together.....just the 3 of us. We love it when Daddy has his 3 days off during the week. On those days, we love to just hang out around the house and do whatever we feel like doing. Today Mommy was REALLY excited (not sure why I'm speaking in "Kylee" version) because we got to do yard work. Here is Daddy working his magic on our beautiful GREEN grass!
And Kylee doing her part!

I had to get a big picture of our yard because this is the best our grass has ever looked!

Mommy and Kylee picked up all the toys off of the lawn in the back yard and made sure it was nice and ready for Daddy to mow.
Kylee doing her part by staying out of the way and jumping on the trampoline!

Woo hoo!

Our backyard is a tad bit neglected.....especially when you just saw what our front yard grass looks like. We didn't feel like spending the money for winter rye in the back yard. It still works though!

We also had some fun inside baking......EASY baking that is! Kylee got an Easy Bake Oven from her cousin Ella. She has been dying to use it and I finally remembered to buy the right light bulb, so we whipped it out and baked a yummy little treat.

Kylee concentrating hard to make sure the frosting is just right!

She was very patient! I didn't realize how long it took for these things to bake. 37 minutes later (after a 15 minute pre-warm up, 12 minutes of baking, and 10 minutes of cooling) she was ready to eat it all up!

Friday was my 28th birthday.......yes, I'm nearing the big 3-0!!! Awwww!!! I had one of the best birthdays this year. On Wednesday, David took me out to yummy Red Lobster and then to Ulta 3 where he let me buy my Chi flat iron! LOVE IT! We then went to the mall and he let me splurge on a new pair of jeans. I of course went straight to buckle.....the BEST place to splurge on jeans. I found the perfect pair but they are too long so I'm now waiting for them to get tailored. I hopefully get them tomorrow! Woo hoo!
*
Then on Thursday, Tera and Natalie took me out to my most FAVORITE place ever......KABUKI! Sushi is our favorite thing to pig out on. So it was no question as to where they were taking me for my birthday lunch. After Kabuki, we went and got pedicures. And when I say pedicures....I mean an hour of heavenly massaging, primping, soaking, foot scrubbing, and toe nail designing. It was absolutely AMAZING!
The finished product!

*
I don't have pictures for the rest of my birthday celebration but on Friday, Jaime took me out to lunch at Costa Vida (our favorite place) and then to Yogurt Jungle (our newest favorite place). We hung out for the rest of the day and she helped make my actual birthDAY special! I had so many pre-birthday celebrations that I didn't know if anything was left for my actual special day. Thanks to Jaime, it was filled with greatness!
*
Then yesterday my Mom accompanied me to my doctor's appointment and took me out to a yummy Mexican dinner afterwards to celebrate my belated birthday with me. It was all perfect and I couldn't have asked for anything more! My birthDAY turned into a birthWEEK! It was the BEST!
*
I am LOVING David's schedule. He works Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and then has Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday off. I love that he has week days off. We can go out without the rush of the crowds and we can feel like he actually has 3 FULL days off instead of a short little weekend with only Saturday to really do anything. I've been busy with volleyball on the weekends so it works out perfect that when David works, so do I! So it makes for a quick weekend and then a nice 3 days off together as a family.
*
Quick update.....I'm proceeding with IVF! My post-hysteroscopy appointments have been good and we are free and clear of scar tissue! Woo hoo! If all goes well, we will be doing the actual IVF sometime during the end of March/beginning of April. We are very optimistic and hopeful. Whatever happens will be according to Heavenly Father's plan and we are ready and willing for whatever is going to happen, to happen! Life is good!



6 comments:

The Cluffs said...

Happy belated birthday Stefany! I am glad you had a great week! Good luck with everything!

*Katie May* said...

Awesome about the IVF! I hope it goes well.! Sounds like a great week!

hdawgy said...

Glad you got so spoiled on your birthday!! You are going to have to introduce us to this Kabuki place....We love Sushi too and haven't ever had it in AZ before!! There's a place here in Rexburg we go to and love it but its the only sushi we've had!! So happy hear the good news!! I hope everything goes well!! Keep us posted!! I'll be praying for you guys!!

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

How fun, Glad to hear you had a wonderful Birthday week! That's the best way to celebrate !!!

theniufamily said...

Sometimes is the simple things in life that make you happy. I love when we both have the same days off! I love being able to just do nothing! By the way, your yard does look amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a fabulous birthday! I'm bummed I missed lunch and pedicures, those are some wild toes:)