Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My other life.....yet again!

Back in August I posted a blog titled "my other life" with a picture of my Higley High School varsity volleyball team. Well, here is my continued coaching life style with my club team. These girls are so much fun and are so amazing! I coached them last year and decided to move up with them this year, so this is my second year coaching them. We are currently placed in the top 12 out of 125 teams. We have placed 1st in our last 2 tournaments and are excelling over 17 and 18 year old teams! (we are a 16's team). I knew that moving up with this team this year was going to be fun but I never expecting them to have this much chemistry and just destroy their opponents. It's a blast and extremely rewarding as a coach! Our season started back in December and will end with Regionals in June. We are going to California in a few weeks for a big tournament and we are so excited. We are staying an extra day to go to Disneyland and California Adventure so expect a ton of pictures coming later on in April!!!
Here are my girls! Our team name is...HAVOK! (I know it's spelled wrong but that's the way we wanted it!) ha ha!

Here they are below being silly! This is more their style anyway! I usually have them wearing black or red practice shirts but since it's Easter in a few days, I had them wear bright vibrant colors for practice today! Don't they look cute!

5 comments:

Heather Brown said...

oh man i miss coaching so much!! i wish they had club teams here in nashville. im surprised they dont!! looks like fun!!

Justina Selim said...

That looks so fun! I wish I was good at a sport, but no not one! Does your fam get to go on your Cali trip with you?

hdawgy said...

Every time you put up volleyball pics it makes me wish I still played! I loved it so much and I always remember when Natty was my club coach! That was the best ever! Your team is doing awesome! It's because you're their coach! You are the bomb Stef!

Gates & Tausha said...

man stef i didn't realize you were still coaching doing club!!!! such lucky GIRLS...you'd be SOO good and fun! sounds like your team is ROCKIN!!! have a blast in cali...take me with you!!!! please?!?!

Mark and Kristi said...

Reading your post really makes me miss coaching out here! Maybe when I move back I can get back into it! Love the goldfish... Kylee looks so happy!