Saturday, March 8, 2008

Take me out to the ball game.....

On Saturday both David and I had the day off (no work and no volleyball) so we decided to plan a fun day together as a family. We decided to go to a spring training game. All the good games close to home were sold out so we decided to head out to the Peoria sports complex and invite my parents to join us. We bought cheap lawn seats (which are the best with kids) and we had a fun time. I didn't really pay any attention to the game but I got a good tan on my arms and "bottom half" of my legs, while David's skin just seemed to REPEL the sun (white boy)! Ha ha!
Here David and I are just hanging out!

Here's the family....and belive it or not, this was the best shot we got as a family that day. Ha ha!

This one with Kylee, Gramma and Papa turned out much better...

This is what $6 dollar seats will get ya! We are infamous for getting the nose bleed seats! Ha ha!

Kylee sitting in Gramma's chair. With the sun blocker above, she things it's her "house" and she loves to play in it.

6 comments:

*Katie May* said...

That's great you guys were able to go do something together as a family!

*Katie May* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justina Selim said...

looks like fun! I am so jealous of the weather! A tan while being outside, It is freezing up here and I am so ready for spring! I feel so pale right now! I think grass seats would be fun, better than trying to make your kid sit in a regular seat for a long time. At least she could run a round! I love her sunglasses!

Gates & Tausha said...

ahhhhh....i'd love to just chill out in the gorgeous sun all day...and i'm with justina...i'd pick grass seats over the others any day! graduation memories....kylee looks so cute in her tent chair, and i'm jealous of your tan!! all day at work pepole were saying how busy it was on Bell...it was because of the game i'm sure!

hdawgy said...

I am so jealous! That looks like fun! I love going to those spring training games! Hooray for both of you having the day off! I can't wait till it gets warm here so we can go outside and play all day! Kylee and her sunglasses are so cute!

Jami said...

Kids are so creative. I bet your mom's chair, I mean "house", was the highlight of Kylee's whole day. I remember as a kid making forts in the family room with sheets and chairs. Everything is so much cooler under something.

And you are so smart to get outside and do things together before the heat stroke strikes. I need to be better about this. Plus, I'll get some premature tanning in before I need to put on a swim suit... Scary! HA HA.