Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Trek

Words can't even express how much I LOVED the Trek! It was one of the hardest things I've done, but one of the most spiritual and eye-opening events of my life. The kids in our family were great and I love them dearly! I had the opportunity to go listen to one of them speak today in church too and it was so much fun to see her all dressed up and cute.......rather than all dirty and "pioneer-ish". One of my "sons" from my family was in that ward too and he had to do a double take to realized that it was me.......his "Ma"! I had the best time and miss my "kids" already!
Below are our boys and David setting up the hand cart on day one before we trekked off. We ended up going 15 miles the first day. This included some CRAZY steep and high hills and also, a 4 miles detour from going the wrong way!

Below is the handsome couple - Ma and Pa of the Pew family!

Below here is the boys in our family. Jeffrey, Fernando, Zach, David and Johnny. So handsome!

Below here is the girls from our family. Amanda, Heather, (Me - Ma), Emily, and Mickey!

And here is our awesome family! We bonded like crazy and had the best time!

Kylee was at home being watched by her Grandma Deedee. She loves to wear Daddy's "Cowboy" hat around the house now! We missed her so much!!!

All together, we ended up trekking over 25 miles in the 4 days of the Trek. It was an amazing humbling experience that I'll never forget, and I'm sure our kids will never forget either. There were many tears shed, along with loud and long bouts of laughter. It was great and I'm so thankful for the experiences I had in these past 4 days of the Trek. I love you Pew family!!!

9 comments:

*Katie May* said...

I am glad you had a great time! I loved when I went on the trek it was such a growing experiance

hdawgy said...

You look gorgeous in your pioneer outfit! I'm glad you guys had a good time! I would love you and David as my ma and pa! I'm sure you guys were awesome! I love the pic of Kylee too! It looks like she is saying YeeHaa in the pic!

Gates & Tausha said...

ah...awesome...thx for sharing the cool spiritual trek experiences...that is seriously AWESOME!! you and david are the best trek parents EVER!!!! :) LOVED seeing you guys tonight!!! lets book the concert!!

Jen and Jay said...

So much fun! I loved the trek when I was younger - bet it was just as fun being a Ma and Pa! Glad you had a great time!!

Jami said...

25 miles in 4 days is quite the freakin' workout!!! But the spiritual aspect of the trek is for some, a once in a lifetime experience and you got to do it twice! Talk about a testimony booster! :0)

Justina Selim said...

How fun! You look cute in your pioneer get-up!

JA said...

You have the cutest little family. And oh the trek...I remember so clearly. Christina and I were in the same family!!! Kylee is ridiculously adorable. I love you guys. Love Berkie and Josh

heidi said...

looks like you guys had an amazing time. Love the outfits!!!

Celeste - The Solar Cook said...

You guys are awesome! As a parent, I appreciate all you do for the YW in our ward. They really look up to you and your positive attitude on life. Thank you!