Monday, June 16, 2008

Week two down, 2 more to go...

I can't believe it but week 2 (of my crazy month of June) is already over! I had my youth volleyball camp, where I only had a disappointing 34 girls attend, but it was still a good and fun experience for my returning varsity players who got to coach hands on. That always humbles them and helps them learn fast! They appreciate more of what I put up with for them on a daily basis at practice!!! Ha ha!
GO KNIGHTS!
Coming up this week is what I've been anticipating the most. I'm also the most nervous about this week, more than any of the other weeks in June. I have my Stake Trek that I'm going on. But at least David will be with me so it won't be just me all alone like I've been throughout the rest of this month (meaning, no family)! You'll have to excuse the extremely blurry pictures that you are about to see. I don't have a scanner so I took pictures of pictures! These are pictures of me when I went on my own Trek as a youth in the Peoria Stake. It was awesome! This first picture, however, doesn't look like I'm enjoying myself. This was the morning after we had trekked 20 miles and all we got to eat was this amazingly salty and NASTY corn-meal mush. It was gross!!! I seriouly lost about 15 pounds on this Trek. But it was GREAT!
And this picture below is of me and my family, pulling and pushing our HEAVY hand cart. If you can't make it out, I'm the blurry red blob in the middle-back of the picture!

The next time I post, I will have new pictures from my recent Trek experience. I can't wait to experience it in a whole new level (as a Ma)! It's going to be great! I'm also really nervous because I want to make sure the kids in my family have an amazing and spiritual experience like I did 10 years ago. It's a lot of pressure on me and David! But we are soooo excited to start this amazing journey with the youth in our Stake! Wish us luck!

7 comments:

*Katie May* said...

I'm sure you guys will have a great time. And you actually get to eat more food I think compared to the kids. And no hard pushing, though I have heard it is very hard to watch your kids struggle.

Jami Baker said...

You will do great! You and Dave will be the funnest parents and as bonus, the kids will have a spiritual experience! Good luck and have fun!

Justina Selim said...

Have fun on the trek! You guys will be fun mas and pas! Glad you are making it through your crazy month!

heidi said...

you're going to have so much fun!!! and be really dirty!!! you guys will be such fun ma & pa's!

hdawgy said...

Dude you're brave! haha After the trek we went on I told myself I will never go again! That was ridiculous! Remember we went the wrong way and had to back track! Gosh I remember I was sleeping and pulling the cart at the same time I was so tired! That was seriously exhausting! It was an awesome experience though! You will be an awesome ma and David will be a great pa! I love your pics too! haha Memories!

Jami said...

Awe, the trek... What an experience to have once, but to be able to go twice is amazing!!! It was freakin' hard, but I loved the challenge and what you take away from the experience. (Chopping off chicken heads excluded) What a blessing you've been given to share with David. I'm actually jealous. Have fun you two! :0)

Gates & Tausha said...

ah man stef you 2 will be ROCKIN trek parents!!!! i can't WAIT for you (and for US to go in july with our stake!)....AWESOME pics...and glad the v-ball went good!!