Sunday, June 8, 2008

Week one down, 3 more to go...

Girl's camp was an amazing experience (as usual). We had camp on a ward level this year (instead of a stake level) and the girls all bonded and interacted so well with one another. There was no contention or usual mini-fights, and the atmosphere the entire time was happy and cheery! I LOVE these girls! They are such good examples to me of how friends and good young LDS women should be. And they are so beautiful.....even with no make-up on and being all dirty from the crazy winds and dust we got while up there. It was great and I'm so glad I was able to go. Love my girls!!!!




8 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun up there. That is one big tent!

Justina Selim said...

Girls camp looks fun! I hope you make it through this month!:)

Jami Baker said...

I wish I could have been there, glad you posted some pictures. I would love to see more! You are right though, those girls are amazing and I am jealous you got to be with them in that setting!

Gates & Tausha said...

ah man....girls camp...the best EVER. so many memories from OUR girls camps....and SOOO neat to be leaders for the young women now...awesome. :) someone set this church up right. ;)

Cath said...

It looks and sounds like it was a ton of fun! I wish I could have been there. Thanks for being such an amazing leader and example to these YW! Love ya

hdawgy said...

Looks like fun! Those were the good old days going to girls camp! It's pretty cool that they did it with just your ward! That's a good idea! They should stick to that every year!

Jami said...

I too like the idea of just having your ward at camp. I dont' know if I'd like it every year like that, but it's such a great time to bond as a ward. And I love that there wasn't any drama so the spirit was free to flow. I can't wait to be a YW leader and be able to go to camp. Awesome! :0)

And I hope you're having fun at VB camp. Thank you for thinking of me after my surgery too. I'll try not to do anything else while you're gone. HA HA.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can smell us through the computer! We did have a great time though! Good luck on the trek!