Friday, July 11, 2008

Flashback Friday

As my summer is coming to an end and another Higley volleyball season is about to begin, I took a look back at all the teams I've coached there so far. I'm going into my 5th year as the head volleyball coach at Higley and I can't believe how fast the years have gone by. I still can't believe that I'm really a High School coach sometimes! It still blows my mind! I never thought I'd be a coach until I was way older! I'm very lucky to have had this opportunity to coach at Higley and I just loved my girls! I don't have a picture from the year 2005 because I actually didn't coach that year due to my recovery after delivering Kylee, but I was still involved and count that as time "served" there! Here are some pictures from all my teams....
This is my first team in 2004. We won the State title this year. It was amazing!
Here is my 3rd team in 2006. This was a crazy bunch of girls and I loved them! We barely missed the State play-offs this year by a half point - based on the Power Points system. Boo!!!
This was my team last year in 2007. This was a very special group of girls. We made it to the semi-finals in the state tournament. I graduated 6 Seniors this past year and it's going to be really hard to recover after that. But I'm really excited to get going with my team this year!

I don't have a current picture for my girls this year but tryouts are on August 11th so I'll take some pictures once my team is complete and update then. I feel very lucky to have had great success so far at Higley. I take this program very seriously and personally. It's my baby and I to think of the day that I won't be coaching there anymore makes me sad! I'm not sure when that will be but for now, I keep taking each year one at a time and putting my all into this program and each team that I coach. Go Knights!!!!

3 comments:

*Katie May* said...

That's great you get to have that oppurtunity to do something you love so much.

hdawgy said...

I can't believe you are a high school volleyball coach sometimes either! haha It's so cool! 5 years already! How awesome! I'm sure you are the best coach ever!

Gates & Tausha said...

it is SOOO awesome you have a job that you love and will be sad to miss someday!! you're the BEST at it and i know those girls love you!!! :) you're obviously so suceesful! good luck w/ tryouts! pick me! (jk...me and jodi got cut.) ahha