Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"Dig Pink" Event for Breast Cancer

Yesterday at Williamsfield High School for our volleyball match, we all had a Susan G. Komen breast cancer awareness theme. It was titled "Dig Pink". We all made pink shirts that read......."Rivals on the Court......United in the Fight". It was really neat!! I have close family members to me that are breast cancer survivors and I also have a very close family friend and dearly loved one that lost her battle a little over a year ago. So this meant a lot to me as well as some of the girls on my teams who have mothers and loved ones who have battled with it as well. It's so common to know someone who has battled with this disease and it was so awesome to see all these young girls wearing pink to help in the cause. It was an amazing evening...........plus.........WE WON! Wahoo!!!
Here are the Freshmen warming up in their cute pink shirts!
Freshmen huddle before the big game!
Freshmen doing their little "cheer" before the big game!
Me and my JV coach Martie sitting on the bench, looking all cute in our pink shirts!

And here our the JV and Varsity girls waiting to cheer on the Freshmen for their big game!
I don't have any action shots of my JV or Varsity girls because I put my camera away after the Freshmen game and forgot to take it back out! I really wanted a big group shots of all the girls together in their pink shirts but I "blew it"!!! O'well! It was a great evening and one that I'm sure none of us will forget - - - - - mainly because my varsity team had a crazy match and barely won!!!! INTENSE!!! - - - GO KNIGHTS! (I always have to throw that in)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those girls look like so much fun! Congrats on winning too! It looks like there is a lot of sass floating around that room:) Nothing like something to support a GREAT cause!

Gates & Tausha said...

how cool....that is WAY cool. :) i bet a lot of people were impressed by those---and the WIN!!!

Jaime said...

The shirts turned out SO CUTE!!!!

hdawgy said...

That is so awesome! The shirts are cute too!