Monday, October 6, 2008

First Hair Cut......I FINALLY Cracked!

So I have been asked by many people if I have ever cut Kylee's hair and my answer has always been, "NO WAY.....I don't want to cut her curls off!!!". I respond like that because I've had people come up to me throughout Kylee's life and say, "Oh my daughter used to have curls just like that but then I cut her hair and they didn't grow back". So I've been terrified to even TRIM her hair. Well, I finally gave in and had Tanya TRIMMMMMM a tiny half inch off the ends of her curls. They were just getting to rough and dry so I knew they were damaged. Kylee was so excited to sit in the "hair cutting" chair because she has seen me and David sit in it many times. Here she is all ready to go!!
Here is what Tanya probably would've chopped off if I weren't there!!!! Yikes!!!
Here is what she actually cut off! Hahahaha! Just a little less than what she wanted to do! :)

Kylee did such a good job. She looked like such a big girl in this chair.
I don't have an "after" picture because, well......I forgot, but all you need to know is that it looks the exact same! Curls are intact and it doesn't look any shorter! Hey.....baby steps! I don't think I'll EVER cut her hair. I want her hair to be long and thick and curly forever! Trims are all for now!!! Thanks Tanya!!!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I don't blame you at all! I wouldn't cut her hair either if it was up to me. I love her curls:)

Justina Selim said...

That's so funny. I have the opposite issue. I cute my kid's hair way too much. :->

*Katie May* said...

I din't think her curls would go away she has really curly hair. Kiley had hair that curled at the end and when I cut it it went away but it was never any where near as curly as Kylee's. Probably didn't help I cut 15 inches off :S

hdawgy said...

I don't blame you...I don't think I would ever cut my girls hair if it was curly like that! She looks so cute in the chair with the little cape on! Corban has had so many hair cuts already it's ridiculous! haha

Jami said...

I'm with Katie May, if she has curly hair, it'll be curly no matter how long or short it is. And the shorter it is, the curlier it will be because it won't have the weight of long hair to pull it down. But I love long hair so I'm not a big cutter either. Brooklin wants to grow hers down to her bum. I'm not sure about THAT long, but we'll see. And she and Kylee have twin ends. She needs a trim in a huge way. Maybe I'll get around to it... Sometime. HA. :0)

Gates & Tausha said...

congrats on this new step in life. :) hahah

Heather Brown said...

Yes I am one of those girls that had those curls and then my mom cut my hair and, well, you see how my hair is now when I attempt to leave it curly! Its just waves!! Baby steps!!!! Madi doesnt have her curls but she sure has them and she has had 2 haircuts and still has curls!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! last time i saw her she had really thick curly and pretty long hair! lol