Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend....CALI!!!

We had a wonderful (much-needed) 4 day labor day weekend! David was lucky enough to get Friday and Monday off, so we took advantage of this and drove up to California for the weekend. We stayed at David's parents house and visited with them, but we also drove up to San Diego to Mission Beach for an entire day to enjoy some beach time!
*
Here is what Kylee looked like on the way to the beach.........she had a smile from ear to ear the entire time!

*
Thanks to Nick, we got some great advice as to where to have an amazing breakfast right on the pier. This place was packed! It's called Kono's and the line was wrapped around the building. Apparently it's always like that too. Here is David and Kylee walking to the restaurant.

*
Finally......the BEACH!!! Woo hoo!

*
We asked some guy to take our picture and this is what he got! Horrible! Hahaha!

*
Kylee and David racing to the waves!
Playing in the water!

*
Playing in the sand! (yes everyone.....that is what a TRUE FARMER'S TAN looks like! Hahaha!)

*
KYLEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*
She had a blast!

*
Awwww.....the lovely couple!

*
We had an "ugliest face" contest! I think I won!

*
Precious moment!

*
The smoky horizon from the fires just North-West of where we were. Crazy!

*
My most favorite temple ever!!! Beautiful San Diego!

*
The temple is seriously so stunning! Oh, and Kylee isn't so bad herself! Haha

*
I think Kylee's favorite part about the temple was all the beautiful flowers. She's such a girl!

*
Kylee's a natural photographer just like her Aunt Nanny!

*
Pretty girl!

*
The awesome thunder and rain storm (and crazy wind storm) we drove through on our way back from the beach. It was kind of scary to be driving through!

*
Kylee giving Grandpa Jiggs the special treatment! Foot lotion massage! Ahhhh!

*
Me and my wonderful Mother-in-law!

*
Grandma always lets Kylee put on her make-up when we visit. Beautiful Kylee!

*
Our little fishy! She loves to swim at Grandma's house!

*
Looking stylish in her goggles and floaty!

*
Kylee and Grandpa Jiggs! She was his little helper and nurse the entire weekend. She loves to help him!

*
Kylee and Grandma Deede! She just loves them to pieces!

*
We had an amazing weekend.......and I'm so glad that David got to get away from the pressures of his job. But the weekend ended with a taste of reality as David was studying the entire drive home (I drove obviously). He has 7 tests tomorrow to kick-back him into his normal schedule of craziness! I love you David and I'm so glad you got to take this much-needed family vacation with us! Good luck tomorrow! Thanks Grandpa Jiggs and Grandma Deede for letting us stay with you!! We love you!

6 comments:

nevedobson said...

FUN!!! i love california. i tend to get grumpy on the way back from california because i live in bloody hot arizona.

Nick and Tanya said...

HOW FUN!!! I am jealous! I wish we could have gone with you guys! Maybe next time.

hdawgy said...

I'm jealous too! I wanna go try that restaurant now! It sounds yummy! I'm glad you guys got to have a fun long weekend!

heidi said...

looks like lots of fun! we are sorely missing the beach over here - the farmer tans you'd see from this family though... yikes!

Ry & Kenna said...

How fun Stef! Can I just say that you look so beautiful in all the pics! Your little family is so precious! I hope your doing well. Miss u & love u

xoxo,
McKenna

Anonymous said...

I don't know I think you and David tied in the ugly face contest... haha:)