Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pest control is my friend forever!!!

With the economy being the way it is, we have personally felt the affects of the hard times in our home. However, there's one thing that I REFUSE to cut out of our budget........and that is PEST CONTROL!!! And here is why.....(please excuse the nasty dust bunnies on the baseboard)
Kylee actually saw it first and said......"Mom, what is that!!!!???" I looked at it from where I was and said it was a grass hopper (because it literally looked that big). Then I started walking up to it and it took a few steps and I realized it was the BIGGEST GOLIATH spider I've ever seen!!! I sprayed this sucker to death with my can of bug spray. It paralyzed him a little at first and then he slowly stopped moving and died. He is laying in a pool of bug spray right here!
This picture is just to show you the size of this honker! He shrunk a little after he died so this picture doesn't show the true size of this nasty thing. He was about twice the length of a quarter and as tall as big grape. I only compare it to a grape because there happened to be one on the ground right by him. EWWWW!!! It seriously grossed me out beyond measure. Needless to say, the bug man is getting a nice phone call this morning! Once I discovered this spider last night, I got to thinking and realized that my bug man missed his last appointment. It's been almost 4 months since he came and sprayed my house! He's supposed to come every 2 months! Grrrr!!! I saved this spider to show him.........plus I want to know if this is a brown recluse or not. Yuck!

6 comments:

hdawgy said...

OH MY GOSH THAT IS DISSSGUSTING! I HATE Spiders soooooo much! THat thing is seriously MASSIVE!!! haha How did you pick it up to put it in that bag? I cannot touch those things at all!!! You have to post what kind of spider that is when you find out and tell the bug man you get a free spray since he missed his last appointment!!!

Holly Fry said...

this horrifies me!!

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

That is one thing I don't miss about working for the pest control company here ... the techs would bring the bugs to the office and leave them on my desk in baggies!!!

I can't tell if it is a brown recluse, but it doesn't look like it to me ... those things scare me they are all over out her!!!

I hate BUGS, and I live in the SOUTH ... they are 100x as big!!!

Anonymous said...

S-I-C-K!!! I won't let Aaron skimp on pest control either, funny enough I had to get stung by a scorpion at your parents house to convince him though:p

*Katie May* said...

eww eww eww!!

Jamie said...

Stef-

That is not a brown recluse, just a house spider. Brown Recluse spiders are really low to the ground, small body, long legs, violin shape mark on their back and fast as all hell! They are about as big as that spider counting their legs, they just aren't as bulky looking.