Friday, February 8, 2008

Follow up...

To follow up from my last blog (you might want to read it to fully understand what I'm talking about), Kylee slept through the entire night last night! It was great! The thing that has helped is her walking to bed herself (instead of David or I carrying her) and we have her ask Heavenly Father to help her stay in her bed all night long during her nighly prayers. So for her to physically ask for help is making her realize that she can do it, I think!!!

So anyway, you'd think that since Kylee didn't get up once last night that I had un-interrupted sleep right???!!! Well, guess again!!!!! These stupid things decided to beep all night long!!!

At 1:30AM I started to hear a loud beep. I walked by Kylee's room and heard the smoke detector outside of Kylee's room beeping every 15 seconds. So I got a chair, took it down and stuffed it under the guest mattress down the hall from her room. As I was walking back to my bedroom, I heard another beep coming from the hallway. I walked over and listened and in the room next to Kylee's, that smoke detector decided to start beeping too. So I took that one and had it join it's little friend under the mattress too. WELLLLLLL, as I was walking back to my bedroom, I heard yet another stinkin' beep coming from the hallway. So I walked over and now the dumb smoke detector in Kylee's ROOM decided it wanted to be part of the action. So I had to take that one down, as quietly as possible, and stuff it under the mattress with the others too. It's literally as if this little "smoke detector family" had this planned out. It was synchronized very well! Luckily Kylee didn't wake up from all that! Heaveny Father must have had her under a deep sleeping spell!!! Ha ha! So needless to say, I am just not meant to have a peacful full night's rest for some reason! Hopefully it's because Heavenly Father is trying to prepare me for another baby soon and wants me to get used to waking up every 2 hours again!!! Ha ha!!!

9 comments:

Gates & Tausha said...

ooooh i like your new baby prepareness thinking!!! :) ahaha...and stefany...WHAT THE HECK?! that is SOME joke...now it's WAR against those little detectors...detect THIS! haha...that is...weird...why were they beeping? some scheduled thing? hilarious...and i'm happy kylee is being a big girl so the house can sleep...tomorrow night. :)

Justina Selim said...

That is so nice that she is doing better! At least it didn't last too long. That story is so funny though. I am always taking ours down when i am cooking, I guess that tells you how great of a cook I am, haha. I always forget to put them back on and Taylor freaks out. They are there for a reason he always tells me, yea to remind me that I burn everything! haha

hdawgy said...

haha That is so funny! Ours did the same thing not too long ago but it was one on one night then the other the next night! So now they are both hanging from the ceiling with the batteries out because they are attached to the ceiling! I hate those dang things when they beep! I'm glad that Kylee is doing good now! And about moving to Queen Creek...I don't think so! haha I think we're gonna stick to the west side for now since both of our families are over there and we are only gonna have one car now! Maybe if Clifford ends up going to school in Mesa then we'll move out there, but for now we are gonna be west siders! You move to the west side! Come on you know you want to!

*Katie May* said...

Good, I am glad she is sleeping better! And how crazy! I wonder if un-plugging them sets some type of sensor off in the other ones so you get the first one fixed. Who knows! Hope you are sleeping good tonight!

Jami Baker said...

Our smoke alarms did the same thing. They all decided to start beeping at the same time (but luckily it wasn't in the middle of the night) and Mark was home to change all the batteries. Your story reminded me of when Phoebe (from Friends) was sleeping and her alarm kept going off even after hitting it and taking it apart. Anyway, get some sleep girl!! Congrats on getting Kylee to sleep!

Chunky Monkey said...

those darn smoke alarms!Aye eye eye!Time to change some batteries!Hey and I wanted to tell you that I really really relate to you on the baby thing.I have the same problem with scar tissue in a different way.We have been trying for almost two yrs.It is right aroound the corner for us both...I can smell it!!!!SOOON girl SOOOON!!!!

Justina Selim said...

I love those little bracelets! That would be so fun to get! I am not sure exactly what we are naming her yet. I like the spelling Brinley and Taylor likes Brynlee. More than likely it will be mine because I am mean like that, haha. I really like the pink and brown baby girl stuff. Let me know how much $. Thanks!

Melissa Gardner said...

we came home to one of our alarms going off one night, it was so loud too, so yes we freaked out because we thought our house was on fire, thank goodness it wasn't, the battires just needed to be changed, go figure.. crazy.. so i made randy change them all that night so it wouldn't happen again... i hope you get some sleep too, but i like your new baby thinking too..

The Grant Fam said...

So Colton's family had the same thing except for they evacuated because they thought their house was on fire his dad was outside in his garments and all. I was laughing so hard when they told us. At least that wasn't David outside for all to see!