Friday, February 1, 2008

One year ago....

So February of last year David and I found out that we couldn't get pregnant. I had a horrible delivery with Kylee and due to an emergency surgery after my emergency C-section, my body built up a lot of internal scar tissue. We didn't find this out until Kylee was 1 1/2 and we were hoping to get pregnant. Well, after lots of tests, we found out that the scar tissue was preventing us from getting pregnant and that I would have to go through multiple surgeries to remove it all. So I had two surgeries last year (the last one was 2 days before Thanksgiving) and after a lot of medication and waiting, I'm now free of scar tissue!!! We have finally been given the good news without the bad! We are officially on our way to hopefully giving Kylee a brother or sister! But we aren't going to get ahead of ourselves because our chances are still pretty low of getting pregnant on our own due to the fact that scar tissue wasn't our only problem of getting pregnant. There's a whole slew of other issues from my delivery with Kylee but I won't go into that!! But we are very optimistic and have faith that the Lord is going to bless us soon! The road is still long ahead of us but our goal of having another sweet little child from Heavenly Father is closer in sight and we are very excited! I just want to thank all of you for your prayers and fasts. It's been a long year so far but we have grown strong and are ready for whatever lies ahead.

12 comments:

The Grant Fam said...

YEA!!!! Good luck with that. I know how bad you guys want this. I hope everything goes ok. Everytime we don't see you at church and David says your sick I am always like morning sickness??? He always says I wish :( We will keep you guys in our prays.

Gates & Tausha said...

ah stef my eyes are glazy. :) you've sacrificed much for this new little one...surgeries, patience, kylee's delivery in the first place...your faith is inspiring!!! maybe we can both be mommies to a new baby this year!! :) yah!! :) thx for the post...seriously your testimony eminates from the words!

Jami said...

I can't even imagine how that felt to be told you couldn't get pregnant. I seriously feel so inadequate commenting on this. My heart totally goes out to you!!! I am so HAPPY that you've been given the green light for the possibilites to come. I am excited to see what this year brings for you and David. What a celebration it will be when your baby does come! :0)

Heather Brown said...

I am glad things are looking up. What a great attitude you have!! You are def strong!! Good luck with everything... By the way I love the last post where your daughter is going to be like Monica!! How funny is that! I am a friends freak too!!!

*Katie May* said...

I really hope that everything will go well for you guys!

*Katie May* said...

I really hope that everything will go well for you guys!

Jami Baker said...

YAHHHHHHH!!! GREAT NEWS!!!

The Cluffs said...

Oh that is so exciting! I hope that it all works out for you guys!!

heidi said...

how wonderful! happy baby making to you!!!! :)

Gina Moody said...

I'm so happy for you to be done with those surgeries! Things will work out Stef!

Chunky Monkey said...

Hey I need to call you!

Melissa Gardner said...

soo exciting.. i am so happy for you guys.. you make the cutest baby too.. good luck, you are in our thoughts and prayers..