Monday, November 24, 2008

Just me venting...

The world is sleeping right now as it's 5 in the morning and I've been awake since 2am. I have nothing but time right now and it's amazing how much more time we would all have if our bodies could survive off of 2 hours of sleep each night. I get to experience what that time feels like tonight but I know what the repercussions are going to be all day today when I hit my slump at noon and I still have an energetic 3 year old rearing to go all day long. Needless to say, I can't sleep. I have a crazy sore throat that I know was brought on by stress. I don't need to go into the details about why I'm so stressed and why it's made my physically ill but I do want to ask a favor to you all in helping me relieve some of this stress.
I have found through personal experiences that nothing helps you get through struggles and trials more than serving others and taking that attention off of yourself. So with that, I am asking you to help me in this service by donating Christmas lights! Yes.....Christmas lights. My husband and I want to help out some less fortunate families we know by putting up some Christmas lights on their house (as a surprise of course). If any of you have extra Christmas lights hanging around, please let me know because we can't afford to buy lights at this time in our lives, but we really want to help out these families during the holidays. In turn, I know you will be blessed for helping us in this effort. Thank you in advance for doing this! Happy holidays everyone! It really is the happiest time of the year!! :)

7 comments:

hdawgy said...

That's a good idea Stef! I wish I had some Christmas lights to give you but we don't even have any for ourselves! haha We don't decorate for Christmas yet since we are always in AZ and not in our own house! It's not worth the hassle to me if we aren't here on Christmas day!

hdawgy said...

P.S. Holy Cow I don't know how you can be awake enough to get on the computer at 2 in the morning! You're funny! Even when I can't sleep I just lay there all night!

Jaime said...

i think we might be twins!

Teryn said...

Hey Stef! I hope you get feeling better!
I am like you some nights!
I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Gates & Tausha said...

stef oh my gosh i feel bad...sick from stress that's no good. :( i hope you feel better...you are seriously so awesome...wanting to do a service project in your busy lives! :) so awesome....

Stephanie said...

I am sorry to hear of your troubles! You call and bring Kylee over next time you need a little nap during the day ok. We don't have any lights our selves but I will spread the word and see if I can drum any up. Feel better!

Ashley Wengert said...

Oh it'l be so weird not playing club this year and really sad. But yes they said i should really get a job and i really need one so yeah the problem is finding one!! I know it'll be so weird next year though i think but it'll be fun.