Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Making some leeway...

It's been just over 2 months now that I've been collecting coupons and I still don't know if I'm doing this right, but it works for me from time to time! Hopefully one day it will get to the point where I'm saving like this (below) everytime I go to the grocery store. For now, it's about once a month! But it's a start right?!
*
Okay....so the picture below is from my trip to Albertson's this morning. I saw the amazing deals they were having and made my list. I then went to my coupons and matched quite a few up to the deals they were having. So here is my result....
All of this pre-coupon and pre-sale would have cost me $85.73. After all my coupons and sale buying, it came to $43.13. I saved $42.60! Woo hoo! I know this post is probably really boring to most of you but this is a big deal to me! I want my kids to look back on this and see what an amazing grocery saver their mother was! Oh and by the way....all that chicken is going to last me 8 dinners! I'm set for the month! (not that I'm only going to cook 8 meals - - - I have other meat too!)

4 comments:

Yours, Mine, Ours said...

I love it... I keep saying that I am going to try to utilize coupons but I never get to it. I guess I don't know where to start... plus there is so much with the coupons you can get from the internet as well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie! How have you been? I just saw your comment on my blog. I am so bad about updating my blog lately. Ive had so much going on. Your daughter is adorable!! Its so good to hear from you!! I hope your doing well. Talk to you soon.
Amie

The Grant Fam said...

Great job!!!! You better cook eight meals that's where you save the money! I love good deal posts. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Good for you:)