Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

I love holidays! Any excuse to be with family is the best thing ever. David didn't have work Monday or Tuesday and I didn't have volleyball on Monday so we took off and had a nice LONG weekend in El Centro with David's family. I don't have many pictures though because I forgot my camera outside of the house, but here are a couple of the ones that I took. Below is a cute new dress that Grandma Dee-dee bought for Kylee. She absolutely loved it and didn't want to take it off once we put it on her. Thanks Grandma!!! We love it! This isn't the best picture but I will be sure to take some good ones of her in this dress and send them to you soon!

And below here is a funny picture! We were looking for the remote at David's parent's house and this is what we stumbled across......
Are you kidding me!!!?? We laughed for hours when we first saw this monster remote control. It's as big as a computer keyboard. It was hilarious! I think someone bought it for David's parents as a joke. Well, they programmed it and it is now their main controller for the TV. Funny huh! I've never seen anything like it. And the word "remote" is spelled wrong on it. It says "REOTE". It was the highlight of our trip!!! Okay, maybe not.....but it was funny!
Lee and Courtney came up to California with their girls too. They went to Sea World and San Diego for a couple days but we got to hang out with them most of Sunday and Monday. Kylee just loves her cousins so she had a blast with them there.
On a side note (for my journal/blogging sake) Kylee picked up a new phrase that is hilarious. Her new favorite Disney princess is Jasmin (from Aladdin) and at the very end of the movie, the Genie pops around the corner and says "Made you look". Well, on our drive home from California today, she bursts out from the back seat in her car seat and says, "Momma.....look!". I turned around and looked only for her to say....."Got ya look"! We laughed so hard so she of course kept saying it over and over. It didn't get old though. We kept laughing just as hard as the first time. Just a little Kylee-ism I had to blog down for memories. She's a funny girl!!!

6 comments:

hdawgy said...

That remote is awesome! I want one that big! haha Kylee's dress is so cute! I love the new phrase she busted on you! That is so cute! I love how when they figure out new words they just keep saying it over and over again and like you said it doesn't get old! So cute! Glad you had a fun weekend in Cali!

kimberly said...

i can't believe that is a real remote. it's way cool. i love how little kids are so cute and they pick up on everything. i do enjoy blogging stef and i'm so glad you got me started.

Kim and Nathan said...

Thankyou so much for your comment on my blog the other day. I too must admit that I look at other peoples blogs I dont know that well. So it doesnt "weird" me out at all:) I am sorry to hear you guys are going through infertility too. I dont wish that on anyone, but sometimes I think people go through that so they can give support to others going through the same thing, because no one knows how it really feels unless they have experienced the trials of infertility. I hope the best for you and David cause you guys make some cute kids and Kylee is proof of that. She is one of the cutest little girls I have ever seen. Also, I love that remote:) It looks like you guys had a fun weekend.

*Katie May* said...

I thought about getting a remote like that for us so the kids would stop losing ours :)

Gates & Tausha said...

hahahah....that's hilarious! good goin kylee...what a little mind! and i am LOVING the remote. :)

Jami said...

I LOVE Kylee's dress! Your mother-in-law has good fashion sense for little girls! And her beautiful curly hair, I have to say, definitely adds to the outfit... Gorgeous! :0)