Friday, May 2, 2008

My life as of this moment...

Let's just say that I have some time to myself right now as Kylee is watching a movie, David is at the Diamondback game, and I'm sitting here in front of the computer. I thought I'd take this time to recap what's going on in my life at this moment (for my journal portion of the blog). I'm a very busy woman (who isn't) but I want to log this down so I don't forget all that I used to juggle on my plate as a 26 year old!
I'm first and foremost a Mother to this sweet little girl Kylee Alexa! She is the pride and joy of my life and makes me laugh and smile everday. I'm so thankful to be in the position to stay at home with her and be here for her every moment as she discovers the world around her and learns new things every day.
And equally as important, I'm a wife to this handsome man....David Kent! He too is the light of my life and makes me laugh and smile daily. He works SOOO hard to support our family and equally as important, he supports me in my busy life style without complaining.
But most importantly, and the thing I love most about this man, is the amazing father that he is. Kylee LOVES her Daddy so much and can't wait for him to get home from work every day.

They constantly make each other laugh and smile!
Another very important "role" in my life is my calling. I love the young women in my ward so much. They are amazing girls that inspire me daily! I'm over the Beehives (12 and 13 year olds) and I love getting the new girls that just come up from Primary. They are so sweet and innocent! I love being a part of their lives and I'm so thankful for this calling!


A HUGE part of my life has always been volleyball. I've been addicted to it ever since I touched a ball when I was really young. I played for 10 years and have now been coaching for 9 years. As of today, I've officially coached 12 different teams in my 9 years of coaching. That includes club and High School. I've had a lot of success including a State Title for Higley in 2004 and a Club Championship in 2002. Pictures is my current club team and my High School team that I coached this past year.


Another thing I do is work! I work for the company that David works for. It's a family ran business. When Kylee was born, our brother-in-law hired me on as the secretary doing all the paperwork and computer work. It was great because I was able to bring Kylee with me. Once Kylee turned 2, it was getting too hard to keep her contained while I tried to work. So we set up a way for me to log into the work computer from home. I now strictly sell tires and wheels on Ebay. I actually love it! I enjoy the thrill of the sale and keeping my 400 plus feedback score 100% positive! I'm all about being competitive and it doesn't get more competitive than this!
So.....that's my life! I keep busy during the day with Kylee, errands, cleaning, Ebay, cooking and other stuff; and at night, I'm pretty much booked everyday of the week with volleyball or mutual. Sunday's are truly my DAY OF REST! I love spending those days with David and Kylee. I love my life in every way and the most exciting part of my future that I look forward to is having more kids and building my family! I realize it's going to slow me down in some ways (volleyball being the main slow down) but I'm ready and willing to do anything for my family!

8 comments:

Gates & Tausha said...

busy lady YES! i still need to call you back when we both have a moment! :) sor! :) awesome idea to post it for good remembrance!

*Katie May* said...

great update!

Heather said...

Beautifully stated!

hdawgy said...

I love the post! It's funny because you said how busy you are all the time and for me it's the total opposite! I am so not busy and seriously have nothing to do everyday! It's very boring! At least now that the weather is nice we can go walk to the park! Going to the park every day gets really old! Even Corban gets bored at the park now cuz it's the same thing! Be thankful you are a busy woman! haha

Justina Selim said...

Fun post. I. like Heather, am not very busy (except for this last week)and I think it would be fun to have lots to do! I am impressed with how much you do though! I think it's awesome that you can still be a part of volleyball since you love it so much. I think working from home would be fun too. I love the pic of you and Kylee at the top by the way, so cute!

hdawgy said...

I so wish we lived close by so we could hang out on your not busy days! I seriously need someone to hang out with! All the people I know with kids work everyday! Dang it!

Kim Skinner said...

Hey Girl. I just stumbled on your blog...no wonder you rock at volleyball...you're a coach. You need to coach the rest of us. We missed you at Sonic the other night....

Kim

Dave, Tamara and Addysen Mowers said...

Hey Girly,

Wow, it has been awhile since I have checked in and I had a minutes and was thinking about you guys. Your Kylee is so adorable. Wow, she is great at posing!!! I have the hardest time getting Addysen to sit still let alone pose, what is your secret? :)

Whew, I don't know how you do it... All you do and how you juggle it so well, it is amazing. We are glad to see you guys doing so well.

I would say that we need to get together and just hang out, BBQ or watch a flick but it sounds like you are pretty much booked up. If you guys ever have some extra time or just would want to schedule something give us a buzz we would love to hang out.

Smiles,

Tamara