Thursday, May 22, 2008

Montez Family

Since most of my blogs relate to my life in Queen Creek (where David's family lives) I don't have a lot of pictures from my family (besides Natalie)! So my Mom complains that I don't have enough pictures of the Montez family on here. Well, it's mainly because I always forget my camera when I go out to my family's house or I just forget to take pictures. Plus, Natalie always has her camera and takes all the pictures for everyone. She compiled all the pictures she's taken
in the past couple months and gave it to me, so now I have some pictures to post of my family! These date back from March so a lot of these are from Easter....
Every year we play a really fun egg-cracking game for Easter. It's a Montez family tradition. the person who's egg doesn't crack, wins and has good luck for the rest of the year! Well, supposedly!
My sister Tera cracking David's egg!

Kylee and her favorite Montez cousin Keaton! She looks like she's going to thrash Keaton's egg!
My Dad and brother. My dad is very mischevious about this game!! Look at his sneaky face!
I just knocked my brother (Aaron) out of the game!!! We are ultra competitive.....even when it comes to little games like this! He's so mad that he has to get up and walk away!! Look at my face as I rub it in! Ha ha!

Olivia (my brother's wife) and two of their four boys. This is Dallin and Zachary. By the look on Zachary's face, he just got his egg cracked by Dallin and Olivia is proving it by pointing to his cracked egg. Ha ha!

All the Montez cousins! As you can see, Kylee is the ONLY girl! Not for long though......Aaron and Olivia are pregnant with a girl! Little baby Ella! My nephew's names are: Jacob, Ethan, Dallin, Caleb, Zachary, Brigham and Keaton.

A picture of me, Mike (the only cousin on my Mom's side), Tera, Natalie and Aaron.

These are pictures from when Natalie was babysitting Keaton and we went to the water pad play place at the San Tan Mall.

They had a blast!

Every year us girls get together the Friday before Mother's Day and have lunch. It's our way of celebrating together! This is us outside of Applebee's. It's Tera, me, my Mom, my Mom's sister Penny, Olivia and Natalie. And of course little Jake and Kylee down below!

6 comments:

Justina Selim said...

That egg came looks so fun! We will have to do that next year!

hdawgy said...

I love your family so much! I love how competitive you guys are at everything! Even a little egg game! haha Cute post! Love the pic of you and all the girls! Girl time is the best!

Jami Baker said...

Holy Cow!! I love your new look! Your blog looks great! And did you darken your hair? It looks great!! But thanks for the sweet note on my blog! I miss you guys too. Trust me, I have wanted to come to mutual but Mark is in a play for the QC PAC and his rehersals are on Wednesday so I haven't gotten the courage to bring 3 kids to mutual. But we are all coming to church this week. So I am excited to see everyone again. I feel like a loner. But things are so cute. Kylee's pics are just adorable. I want pics of my kids like that. Who did them? Let me know! Anyway, see you Sunday!

Gates & Tausha said...

stef your fam ROCKS! teach me the egg game...i wanna steal the tradish! THAT's where the competitiveness all started with you. :) ahha...you guys rock...i loved seeing all the pics...BEAUTIFUL family...your hair looks great dark too stefany! and TOTALLY love the lunch mom's day tradition too...i feel we need more traditions. ahha...anyway, thanks for your testimony on twilight...i'm ALMOST convinced...i just REALLY REALLY am scared to be scared...so if I read them and get scared then...i will call you at midnight to comfort me. haha

kimberly said...

hey stef, thanks so much for helping me set up my blog. i had so much fun hanging out with you and talking. these pictures are great. i love the one where you beat aaron out. i can only imagine what it was like to be there and laugh when you rubbed it in. kylee is so so cute. i love her curly hair and cubby figure.(and i mean that in a nice way because my kids are twigs with straight hair).

Jami said...

I was so excited when I read Aaron and Olivia were having a GIRL!!! I seriously wondered if they were going to go for number 5 or just stop with the 4 boys. AWESOME!

And has Natalie EVER taken a bad picture... EVER? If she has, please post it so I can feel not so unattractive. She's just absolutely gorgeous... I could almost hate her for that, but she's just so stinkin nice. There's nothing not to like about Natalie. ;0)

And I too am interested in the egg cracking game. Do you just tap your egg on the other person, hoping to crack theirs but not yours? I'm guessing so I may be way off.