Monday, February 23, 2009

It's a hard-knock life....for us

I know so many people who are struggling in some way, shape or form and in many ways, it gives me courage to withstand my own personal struggles, but at the same time.....it makes me so mad at this world for being in the shape that it is right now. Things are SO bad EVERYWHERE! Why does it have to be this way?? Well, I guess it's because we as a people all need to learn something. The Lord wants to see how well we progress through the hard things in life. He felt the need to test everyone at the same time to see if we come together and get through these things in a positive way.
*
The list of hard-ships can go on and on for our family right now but so can the good things. I've been focusing so much on what we don't have and what we can't accomplish lately so I feel the need to make a list of things that I'm so grateful for and what REALLY matter in this life........what makes my life perfect and so happy:
*
*
A loving Father in Heaven
A Savior who died for me and gives me hope for all things in my future
The gospel and my knowledge of why I'm hear in this life
David and Kylee
A family and in-laws that love and support me (us) through everything
Good friends who make life fun
Volleyball and the joy I get out of playing and coaching (it's my escape)
A home that I can call my sanctuary from the world
Good working cars that get us where we need to go
Health and the health of my loved ones
FAITH in all that's good and pure
The temple where I can go during my lowest moments in life and feel at peace with everything
Laughter (mainly from my Kylee girl who keeps me smiling daily)
My calling and the Young Women who keep me strong and motivated to do what's right
Examples in my life who keep me motivated and strong
*
The best thing about all of these things is that they aren't materialistic. I can have these things no matter how bad my life may seem. And these are the things that make me the most happy. I feel encouragement and hope through it all because no matter what, I can always keep these things with me (other than my car and home)!!! I can always be happy and content with what I have. I encourage all of you to write down these things for yourself to feel encouraged and get a little spark of hope if you have been struggling lately. I know it has helped me. As corny as it may seem and feel, it has made me feel better and that's all that matters! Live life to the fullest!! And as I just read somewhere......remember that our life is in the hands of the Lord - - we are on His time table, not ours! It's all about our attitude and how we accept life's challenges. It's my prayer and hope that I can get through all of life's current struggles in a positive manner so that I can be a strength to those around me........especially to my daughter!

6 comments:

*Katie May* said...

that was a GREAT post! Thanks for the enlightenment :)

nevedobson said...

you have such a strong testimony and such a great attitude. it's easier to just wallow in your problems... but focusing your mind and efforts on the good is the best thing you can do.

i definitely need to make a list right now.

hdawgy said...

Stef I love this post! You are such a good example to me! You are Awesome!

hdawgy said...

P.S. My mom got me the watch! I had no idea! I saw Heidi's and loved it but never said anything about wanting one! My sisters got my mom one of the same watches for her birthday and she really liked it so she got me one for my bday! Do you know the Aimes? Leisa and Jacie are the ones that make them! They have alot of cute ones! Their blog is jacelets.blogspot.com and they have a link to their actual website from there I think! You should get one!

Anonymous said...

We are feeling the same way, for fhe last night all we did was make lists of what we are grateful for, it did get desperate at one point when I was grateful for thin ankles and Aaron was thankful that our top shutter was broken instead of one right in the middle! HaHa! We are all truely blessed though.

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

Thanks Steph!

this really helps, I know you read my blog and I am so thankful for your comment! It seems to not be so bad when you look at the good, we just forget to look! Thanks again! Hope you the best!

Talk to you later!
Kate