Monday, July 6, 2009

My newest most prized posession!

For as much time as I spend on this blog......and for all the hours "wasted" (as David tells me).....it's all paid off now! I turned my blog into a book! I now have a blogged journal on paper and I will forever have it no matter what. This blog is so worth it in so many different ways! I am horrible at scrapbooking and I have tried and tried to get a cute scrapbook started. I failed miserably! But ever since I discovered blogging, I fell in love with it and it has now turned into my scrapbook. Blurb.com will turn your blog into a book. I actually discovered this website last year and attempted to do it but for some reason, it was difficult and frustrating so I quit. But now that David is in the academy and I have a lot of time to myself at nights, I decided I wanted to attempt this again. I went to blurb.com and found out that a newer (easier) version was available. So I downloaded it (it's free) and found that it WAS easier and super fun! So I started it and finished it in about 5 days. I LOVE how it turned out! It ended up being 189 pages. That just goes to show how much I update my blog! But I'm so glad I did because I now have a detailed scrapbook of everything that has happened in our lives over the past 2 years. I highly recommed doing it if you have a blog! It only cost me $50 in total. $43 for the book (depending on how many pages it is and what kind of cover you want) and then $7 for shipping. It arrived in 3 days after I ordered it. It's wonderful!!!! So........here it is:




All the pages are in order of when I blogged. You can arrange the pictures and text however you want. It transferred the pictures and words automatically from my blog and I was then able to arrange it and mess around with it however I wanted. It's GREAT!!!

7 comments:

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

That is so awesome!!! I know I want to make a book but I need more time and more posts this is awesome to look forward to ... EXCITED!!!

*Katie May* said...

I just did my sisters and orderd it for her but it was the older version. I love the new version.

Cara said...

That is such a good idea and I loved how it turned out- nice work!

Corinne said...

You probably don't remember me, but I was good friends with your husband before you guys got married. (We were in the same singles ward.) Last time I saw you guys was at your reception. Your daughter is beautiful! I'm glad to see you guys are still so happy together. Looks like it's a great life. You have a beautiful family.
I'm a blogger too, and I've used Blurb to print ours out once a year. I actually make one for the family and then one for each of my children so I don't have to do scrapbooks for them. I LOVE it! It's so easy.

hdawgy said...

Teach me how to do it! I I did the same thing where I tried and then gave up! I wanna do it so bad cuz I don't have any scrap books or anything! All I have is my blog and pics on my computer! Yours looks so good!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to do mine!!! Yours looks amazing, I may be calling you for techical support when I get to that point haha:)

nevedobson said...

thanks for the tip. i can't WAIT to get going on one. definitely a prized possession.