Sunday, March 1, 2009

California Mid-Winter Fair

Lucky for us, the California Mid-Winter Fair was in town while we were visiting David's parents in California. I'm so glad we went because I know Kylee will never forget it! She was smiling from ear to ear the entire time! Once again, I left my camera at home (in AZ) so I had to resort to the poor quality of my camera phone. I'm just glad I was able to document it because these are some great memories for Kylee to last a life time!
*
We first went and saw all the animals. The bunnies were Kylee's favorite. We saw goats, steers, calves, pigs, chickens, roosters, and more.
*
Daddy and Kylee!

*
And then we hit up all the rides! She went on all the kiddie rides possible. I think this one was her favorite. It whipped her around the corners so fast. She loved it! And yes....she is in a Budweiser car! The only "beer" car on the track. Good choice Kylee!

*
A mini-Sea Dragon ride!

*
The flying barrels. They went a higher than Kylee expected. She was a little nervous on this ride. But got the hang of it and loved it as well!

*
The swings. Kylee was a little too short to ride this one by herself so Daddy went with her (since all fair rides make me sick)!

*
I could do the slide though! It doesn't spin around in circles so I went with Kylee on this one!

*
The water ride. David had to push her sometimes because it wasn't very fast. LOL

*
The ferris wheel. Not sure who this little girl was sitting with Kylee but it was fun for Kylee to have a "friend" on a ride.

*
We had to go back and take a picture of David's nephew's steer. It was 1443 pounds!!! He will probably make $12,000 off this steer. Crazy! He's only 12!

*
David tried to get it to stand up so we could get a good picture of it. He was slapping it on the butt. I think it hurt David's hand more than the steer! LOL

*
And last but not least, my little dare devil wanted to go on this jumping thing. She made me so proud! She was the youngest one to do it!

*
*
I always LOVE coming to El Centro to visit with David's parents but this trip was a much needed and "fun" trip! I couldn't ask for better in-laws. We are so blessed to have such amazing examples in our lives. Kylee adores her Grandma Deedee and Grandpa Jiggs! She never wants to leave. We just might let her stay one of these trips! LOL

9 comments:

*Katie May* said...

How fun! Looks like she loved it!

nevedobson said...

driving a beer car, slapping steers on the butt... sounds like a wild pew weekend!

i think i am the same with the rides now... i used to be fine but we were just at the park the other day and just plain old swinging made me sick! haha.

smallfry21 said...

I cant believe how big Kylee is! She is so darling! I miss you guys so much and! I want you to know I pray for you and your family daily. I know that you will be blessed for the wonderful person that you are. I hope things start falling into place for you. Keep us updated. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Looks like FUN!!! We miss you guys:)

hdawgy said...

What a fun trip! I love going to the fair! Your phone takes good pics too! I can't go on the rides that spin either! haha

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh that picture you have on the top of your blog is amazing! She is beautiful.

theniufamily said...

Sorry, I guess I was signed in under my husbands name when I made the comment above. I didn't even know I could sign in with his name.

theniufamily said...

Sorry, I guess I was signed in under my husbands name when I made the comment above. I didn't even know I could sign in with his name.

kimberly said...

i don't remember you being such a whimp on rides growing up. dont you remember all those fun times at castles and coasters!? i actually do remember you didn't like the spinning rides as much. just like john, he doesn't do spinning rides. i could go on anything ten times. anyway, i'm glad you enjoyed a fun trip. kylee had a blast i can tell. and david looked like he enjoyed that huge steer.!! haha. miss talking to you.