Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I did it!!! Baby steps....

Last year I tried coupon sense and failed miserably at it. I just didn't know what I was doing and ended up spending more each month on newspapers and monthly fees for the program than I did on savings. SO....I quit and just kept spending a bunch of money on groceries each month. Well, about 2 months ago, one of my friends introduced me to a free website where they tell you how and where to save with coupons. Basically it's coupon sense but for FREE! So I went to the website, ordered my newspapers, and started collecting my coupons. It takes a couple weeks to get a good collection before the big savings start to happen, but I already feel a little relief this time around with my coupon adventure! I've seen pictures of people posting all that they bought and how they only paid $10 bucks or less for everything, but this is my start people......
I only bought 12 items but I got them ALL FOR FREE! Okay, I'm lying. My total came to $1.79......but that's practically free right!!? One of these days, I'll have my entire counter filled with groceries and I will gloat about how I only spent $10 bucks! Hee hee! Oh and come to find out, there are like a million websites out there that will do all the work for you and tell you where you can use what coupons and get things for practically free! It's great! Thanks to all you wonderful people out there who do this for everyone so they can have a little bit more money in their pockets at the end of the week! Love it!

4 comments:

nevedobson said...

congrats on this stef.

i am still dragging my feet on getting going on this. i have friends that do it and get ridiculous amounts of free stuff.

i WILL start ONE DAY. haha.

heidi said...

do share the million websites. which one are you using? all i know about is sister savings & coupon sense. LOVE coupon sense & need to start up again, but i'm dragging my feet at forking out the $ for papers & a subscription!
but really, share the sites you've found!

Stefany Pew said...

Heidi - the websites that I use are: http://www.bargainmoms.blogspot.com/
and
http://www.moneysavingmom.com/

They have all kinds of links you can go to on these websites to find other websites that are just like these. It's amazing all the work they do for everyone for free! It's great! I just signed up for a $185 pot/pan set give away. They have a ton of stuff on these websites! Enjoy!

hdawgy said...

Wow Stef! That is awesome! You're doing better than me! I want to do it so bad but I think about all the time it takes to gather up all the coupons and find all the things that are on sale at which stores it just jumbles my brain! Like I'm looking at the picture and the stuff you got is just random stuff ya know! LIke did you plan a menu and figure out you needed that stuff or did you just buy it cuz it was on sale? That's what I'm confused about! haha I probly am not making any sense! My sister does it and she saves a ton and she says its a game and you have to want to play it! haha Someday I will! Good job though! Maybe you can show me someday!