Friday, May 29, 2009

Staying busy in the summer...

Well, first preschool was over........now swimming lessons are over. So what is a Mom to do to keep an almost 4 year old - only child busy?? Oh how I wish she had a sibling to play with! Extra work for Mommy I guess. If any of you have cheap, or free, ideas on how to keep small children busy during the summer, please send them my way! I've already got some things planned like going to free local pools with water slides, water parks, museums, and the zoo. It's a good thing I have family close by with pools! That's always my free outlet for fun with her. I really do cherish the alone time I get to spend with Kylee. Who knows how much longer it will last and I may never get this same time with my future children. So I'm thankful I get to have this much alone time with her. She truly is my best friend!!
*
Here are some pictures of Kylee on her last day of swimming lessons. Miss Suzy let the kids go down her slide. Kylee loved it! She went down it at least 5 times!

Please ignore the horrible quality of my camera phone pictures!
*
David will be in the academy all summer long and we won't be seeing much of him (sniff sniff). So it will be just the two of us for a while. We sure are going to have a fun summer together! Oh how I love this little girl!

5 comments:

The Cluffs said...

She is darling!!! It is so tough to think of things to keep kids busy! I am going to the library on Thursdays for story time. They have one for older kids as well. I think it starts at 11. Then after at the local school they feed all the kids lunch for free and $2.50 for adults!! You might already be going but if not just wanted to give you another idea!!! oh its the Apache Junction library.

Stefany Pew said...

Thanks for the idea Shanna! I already take Kylee to the library every month to get new books regularly but I never thought about taking her to a story time reading! So Thursdays at 11am? I need to look into that. Great idea! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe kylee went off a slide that big!!! Is she swimming by herself? That is awesome:)

Kristen said...

she is such a doll!

nevedobson said...

i LOVE her hat! is that old navy?

i am in need of ideas as well on how to occupy an only child... your ideas sound good so far. nice and cool activities.

i will let you know if i hear of anything!